Follow us on Twitter!
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 28
Guests Online: 26
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 82893
Newest Member: mor-amit
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

Make challenge Forums Easier to browse

Your avatar

Posted on 31-12-08 18:53
I think it would be easier to Search the Challenge forums for what you want by classifying the forums by adding an extra directory because, sometimes, it can be a little frustrating to browse over so many pages to find a specific thread.
example:

someone is looking for help on a specific basic mission mission, but when goes on the forums finds that the threads for the other 27 basic missions are all there too, therefore s/he would have to search by 28 missions when s/he only needs help for one. Angry

my idea:

instead of...
"http://www.hellboundhackers.org/forum/7-basic_0.html"
it would be easier to have something like...
"http://www.hellboundhackers.org/forum/Basic/Basic_#/post"
where "post" would be the actual thread you select and "#" would be the challenge number.

So basically, if you only want to search for basic 1 forums, you would be on
"http://www.hellboundhackers.org/forum/basic/basic_1/"
or something similar, making it easier for us members to browse through it.:happy:

now, I do know the fact that doing this will take time and it would be more expensive to keep the site online and working and this can be a huge problem too.Sad but i'm just stating an idea to make things easier Wink

sorry if my English isn't too good.
-puertoricanmaxwell
Author

RE: Make challenge Forums Easier to browse

Your avatar

Posted on 31-12-08 18:57
Granted not a bad idea, but good luck trying to convince the admins to do that one

Author

Futility

God
Posted on 31-12-08 19:08
Use the search function located on the left. I doubt a reorganization of the forum will happen. Doing what you proposed will make the forum seem more... vast and empty.

EDIT: Then again, I don't speak for everyone. I'm not even the one that would have to go through and do it. I just remember bringing this idea up when I first joined here and having it promptly shot down.

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png

Edited by Futility on 31-12-08 19:12
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 31-12-08 19:46
Futility wrote:
Doing what you proposed will make the forum seem more... vast and empty.

Exactly one of the reasons it won't happen. Technically we don't need many threads about a challenge, one is plenty enough, the only reason why new threads about a challenge pop up is that there are so many topics for others already there. This way we might as well skip the entire subforums idea and just restrict it to one thread per challenge where all questions are asked. A bit difficult to implement maybe with all the threads already going on, but it'd basically be taking the largest threads and removing all the ones that consist of:
<start of thread>
I have problem
PM me
<end of thread>

One thread is all that's really necessary from a practical point of view, but would seem rather empty, wouldn't it? Also, there'd be no place for general questions if you for some reason have any.
Summary: we don't need many threads about one single challenge, thus we don't need subforums since they'd just end up very empty. We put it in one place since that's all we need and it'll look more, but idiots will get lost and start new threads and it'll become even more of a jungle. Whichever way we go it won't have the desired result, leave it as it is, at least there's some variation this way.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-01-09 00:26
One of the things that is important to note here (and has not been mentioned) is that, even if there were to be subforums, the threads would need to be identified by the challenge they are related to. The title would actually have to say "Basic # blah whatever", instead of "omg I'm stuck" or "can't find user agent" or any of the other bullshit titles that inconsiderate little twats put for their fucking forum posts.

That being said, it boils down to this: either the challenge type and number or a manually-specified identifier for each challenge (dropdown, whatever) would need to be specified when making the thread. If you think either of those will work, then the idea will work; if not, it won't.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-01-09 00:34
As said I don't think it's an idea worth the time to implement, but you wouldn't need an identifier in the title if you have subforums since then you'd go to the subforum part for the specific challenge to make a new thread which'd then be posted in that particular part which would then identify it for us.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-01-09 01:03
Fair enough. For some reason, I had thought that there was a way to make a new thread outside of a forum category. *shrug*