Follow us on Twitter!
Understanding is the answer, hatred is the problem, and hackers are the slaves abused and destroyed in the process of peace online - Deshouleres
Friday, April 18, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 27
Guests Online: 25
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 82825
Newest Member: bulmers
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Questions

Author

knoppix-std

Your avatar

Posted on 15-09-06 03:15
ok, i have heard so much about linux i desided to try it, i have the live distro cd's: Knoppix-std, and PHlAK. and i have been looking on line for tuts but all i could find was stuff along the lines of "how to change unix passwords with knoppix" and thats all god but what about a tut on the inner workings of linux, i mean its foreign to me so if anyone uses linux or any of its distros could help me out by posting tuts that helped u get started or talk to me on aim or something. i would apreciate it
Author

RE: knoppix-std

Your avatar

Posted on 15-09-06 03:50
for the most part w/ knoppix either boot it and there is a manual.. not 100% where right now, it gives you the basic commands but for more help id suggest getting on.. opening xchat (not on root Wink) and ask someone there. unless someone has a better idea.

Author

bl4ckc4t

Your avatar

Wiseman
Posted on 15-09-06 06:16
Std doesnt have a manual

Knoppix-Security Tools Distrobution.

I personally like PHLAK better. Backtrack is anther good choice. For a normal start up linux - Damn Small linux, Debian, or Knoppix the origional. These three are based on Debian, but they are great starters.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Bl4ckC4t

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-09-06 22:16
thanks for ur imput guys, so i have decided that i can only go so far with the boot discs so i am going to be duel-booting an os on my pc- windows, and i am looking to u guys for advice on a easy linux that will be good for a beginner. with the manual and such