Follow us on Twitter!
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before. - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Friday, April 25, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 28
Guests Online: 25
Members Online: 3

Registered Members: 82906
Newest Member: ilija
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Challenges | Javascript

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: ~Javascript 7~

Your avatar

Posted on 10-12-06 14:46
For saving the source, make sure that you have it inside the <script> tags.
If you do have that, then im guessing you left out the <body> bit at the end which is required to call the password function. You can take out the body bit, but you would either have to call the function another way, or take out the line "function password () {" and the last "}" before the closing <script> tags so that the script runs when the page loads.
In my opinion saving the source is easier than using an injection.

Hope that helps Grin

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-12-06 15:02
sorry where do i have to put in the <script> tags? before and after all the java? isnt that what the 'start-tag and end-tag' stuff is for?
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-12-06 15:13
There should already be tags there if you saved/copied it straight from the page, but it wont work if you remove them :right:
Can you pm me (or post here wtver) the exact source code so that I can see what you are doing wrong, atm its just guess work Pfft.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-12-06 15:20
well theres the source of the page untouched cuz im not going to pot a spoiler.. , but even if i run it without doing anything to it, it doesnt bring up a webpage, it brings up a viewing source page. why wont it run as a web page?

edit - source deleted

Edited by on 10-12-06 15:30
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-12-06 15:27
This is the source code I get when I got to the page
Try what you were doing on your last post, but I suggest you DELETE the source on your last post since its a spoiler (I only meant you to post the unedited source code sorry Pfft)
Ill edit mine out afterwards since its just to fix your problem, other people should have to find the source and all that on their own
*EDITed source out*

Edited by on 10-12-06 15:35
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-12-06 15:31
do i not just hit escape, to get out of the boxes, and stop the redirection? if so, it doesn't work for me :S I always get redirected.

and that is what i get when i do the viewsource... what mine said was what it saved when i saved the viewsource

Edited by on 10-12-06 15:33
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-12-06 15:34
Idk lol I just hold down the escape for a sec or two until I know that I'm not being redirected anymore

If you still cant get the right source, just message me and Ill pm it to you with the stuff thats missing.

Edited by on 10-12-06 15:36
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-12-06 15:44
Hey man thanks for what you just said there about holding escape, i don't know why i didn't do it instead of hitting it a few times... duh..... so when i stopped the redirection i was able to properly save it so it would open as a page... thanks again
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 11-12-06 03:56
Wondering if somebody would be able to help me on this mission seeing as I, along with many others seem to be stuck.

I know that this mission can be solved through saving the source code and altering it, but I figure it's a javascript mission...I may as well use javascript, so that's the method I want to use.

Was wondering if I could PM somebody to get a push in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 11-12-06 04:39
Its a javascript mission because the part of the source that you have to edit is in javascript. You can pm to get started. But if you have a problem, you might as well just post it so that anyone can answer. (also helps other people trying to do the challenges later)

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 02-05-07 19:00
I know what needs to be done now, I just don't know HOW. I've got to edit the source so that the page so that the alert reveals something more useful than just "Wrong," and then redirects to the HBH page.

Now my next question may seems a little noobish, but I haven't seen anyone post about it so far, so here goes. When I look at the source it only shows javascript. There are no HTML tags etc...so when I alter it as a text file and then try and open it as a web page, nothing happens.

Is an easer way to do this?

Please respond, I'm really stuck : (

Edited by on 02-05-07 19:00
Author

RE: wat i did

Your avatar

Posted on 03-05-07 00:20
this one is easy. all the nudges you need are here. instead of wasting your time with the harddrive, just use http://www.w3schools.com/js/tryit.asp?filename=try_dom_anchor_href
or something like that... then just paste the source of javascript 7 in between the <html>and </html>tags and get to work!

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 03-05-07 02:19
OMG thank you chaunchothenacho, that really helped! I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

My advice to other people: Read the javascript really carefully and try to understand what it's asking.

Edited by on 03-05-07 02:19
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-11-07 21:37
SPOILER!!!!

It's kind of a workaround on the whole substring thing, but why not just have the script redirect you to the good page

END SPOILER!!!!
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 06-11-07 21:41
DONT_BUMP_THE_THREADS_FROM_AGES_AGO_THANK_YOU

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2