Donate to us!
It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked. - Bj Palmer
Sunday, June 24, 2018
Navigation
Home
 Find:
 Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
 Exploit:
 Programming:
 Think:
 Track:
 Patch:
 Other:
 Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 83
Guests Online: 81
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 105569
Newest Member: ShivamChhapola
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Challenges | Javascript

Author

Javascript 16

julabarton

HBH Guru
Posted on 11-01-18 17:06
I can not for the life of me figure this out. I do not know how to Br*** F**** stuff because I like to solve the challenge without normally. Is there a way to do this challenge without it?

Edited for spoilers.

Julian Ring "As they spoke your fate a fearless man replied. 'As you will sentence me your fear is beyond mine'."

www.hackthis.co.uk/user/--Hacking%20Hacking%20Hacked--%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20julabarton/userbar.png

./KillMySelf

Edited by julabarton on 12-01-18 18:10
http://playforpassionn.weebly.com/
Author

RE: Javascript 16

Huitzilopochtli

God
Posted on 13-01-18 00:25
There are hundreds, if not thousands of strings that the challenge will accept as correct, IF they match the criteria set out in its checksum.

If you don't want to brute force it, you can work it out manually to find strings that match, or have a look at some of the older forum posts, and make an educated guess based on the format that the old password took, back when the challenge only accepted a single solution.

Author

julabarton

HBH Guru
Posted on 13-01-18 00:53
Thanks! I think I will do that I have the time on my hands so I might as well try if I can't is there any literature you can recommend on brute forcing?

Julian Ring "As they spoke your fate a fearless man replied. 'As you will sentence me your fear is beyond mine'."

www.hackthis.co.uk/user/--Hacking%20Hacking%20Hacked--%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20julabarton/userbar.png

./KillMySelf
http://playforpassionn.weebly.com/
Author

Arcter

Your avatar

Active User
Posted on 29-04-18 21:24
var entry = document.forms["asdf"].elements[0].value; //Still don't understand how is it getting a value.
This is the line that give a value to the entry variabel.
window.location = "check.php?password="+entry;
And the script direts you here if your password is right so you only have to get the entry.
Am I right?

Sorry for being a n00b. Sad
Sorry if it was spolier.

Hi there! Here is a scriptkido!
Author

potat0wned

Elite
Posted on 01-05-18 06:23
This is the line that give a value to the entry variabel.
var entry = document.forms["asdf"].elements[0].value; //Still don't understand how is it getting a value.

It gets a value when you enter something as the password.
window.location = "check.php?password="+entry;
And the script direts you here if your password is right so you only have to get the entry.
Am I right?

Yes and No.
No, because when you press the "check" button, the script redirects to check.php so that it can check IF your password is right, OR wrong.
But yes, you do only have to.get the "entry" part right, as the "entry" is whatever you entered as the value for the password. So if you enter the correct password then yes you'd be right.