Follow us on Twitter!
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 22
Guests Online: 21
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82889
Newest Member: Geriztul
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Challenges | Javascript

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: jS7

goluhaque

Apprentice
Warn Level: 30
Posted on 02-04-10 14:42
I think the mission's broken or something. I manipulated the JavaScript code(after correcting the format) into printing the password . I returns "*F__**"(obviously without the quotes, the asterixes represent a number. The same goes for the underscores). I tried to input it into the password box. It does nnot return the "wrong!" message it does when the password is wrong. It redirects me to the *F__**.php page. This returns a 404.
And this is happening in IE, Chrome and Firefox, all of them(although it really doesn't matter what the browser is sincce it returns a 404)

That applause I receive from y'all on posting this post would have gotten me drunk on power if I hadn't already been high on life.

Edited by goluhaque on 02-04-10 14:44
Author

RE: Javascript 7

goluhaque

Apprentice
Warn Level: 30
Posted on 02-04-10 15:51
MoshBat wrote:
Top post on this page.

but my problem is not a Browser problem. I have viewed the source and have found the answer using it.

That applause I receive from y'all on posting this post would have gotten me drunk on power if I hadn't already been high on life.
Author

Twinkee

Your avatar

Posted on 02-04-10 19:36
goluhaque wrote:
I think the mission's broken or something. I manipulated the JavaScript code(after correcting the format) into printing the password . I returns "*F__**"(obviously without the quotes, the asterixes represent a number. The same goes for the underscores). I tried to input it into the password box. It does nnot return the "wrong!" message it does when the password is wrong. It redirects me to the *F__**.php page. This returns a 404.
And this is happening in IE, Chrome and Firefox, all of them(although it really doesn't matter what the browser is sincce it returns a 404)

Hmm ... I wonder if 'f' and 'F' are the same thing ...
Author

Twinkee

Your avatar

Posted on 02-04-10 21:18
MoshBat wrote:
Twinkee wrote:
goluhaque wrote:

Hmm ... I wonder if 'f' and 'F' are the same thing ...

Losing my patience.
No, they are not the same.
And did anyone notice a bit about the case of the string, huh?

Wow dude really? It was a hint, I didn't want to outright say use 'f' instead of 'F'.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 25-05-11 14:56
As a note to future users with this problem, I was unable to pass this with Firefox 4.0.1 (received 'Not Found'Wink. I was however to pass it using the IE Tab add-on.

I've ruled out user error, as I pasted this from a clean notepad doc.

Hope this helps. ^.^
Author

chess_rock

Apprentice
Posted on 25-05-11 17:31
NOSKi wrote:
As a note to future users with this problem, I was unable to pass this with Firefox 4.0.1 (received 'Not Found'Wink.

As a note to future users with this problem, I just did this challenge with firefox 4.0.1 and had no problems.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 25-05-11 19:10
bizarre... I wander what could have been causing it. maybe one of my other add-ons. ? Oh, well. It's completed now. :)
Author

YouGotHacked

Your avatar

Posted on 25-08-11 04:08
Sorry about necroing this thread, but I've tried this with IE, FF, and Chrome. Looking at the page source in each one, Chrome includes two lines that initialize two key variables, while neither of the others do. I also used a JS alert to show what the password is and it matched what I got when I worked through the source code in Chrome.

Now, in all the browsers, that password gets me past the dialogs (so it's definitely correct), but in all of them, it leads to a 404. Could it be that whoever codes that challenge accidentally removed parts of the source code and deleted the final page? But that doesn't explain why the source code is different in Chrome than in IE and FF.
Author

Arabian
Banned

Apprentice
Posted on 25-08-11 05:05
YouGotHacked wrote:
Sorry about necroing this thread, but I've tried this with IE, FF, and Chrome. Looking at the page source in each one, Chrome includes two lines that initialize two key variables, while neither of the others do. I also used a JS alert to show what the password is and it matched what I got when I worked through the source code in Chrome.

Now, in all the browsers, that password gets me past the dialogs (so it's definitely correct), but in all of them, it leads to a 404. Could it be that whoever codes that challenge accidentally removed parts of the source code and deleted the final page? But that doesn't explain why the source code is different in Chrome than in IE and FF.

You may PM me if you like.

G'bye y'all! I was an asshole, So korg banned me.
Author

YouGotHacked

Your avatar

Posted on 25-08-11 06:55
I went over the source code again - it's the same for all browsers. In FF and IE, the two key lines are whitespaced really far to the right. Chrome cleaned up the whitespace automatically, which made me (and some other people, too, I think) believe the source code was different.

EDIT: Problem resolved. The case handling threw me off since I was working in uppercase anyway. Changed case and it worked.

Edited by YouGotHacked on 25-08-11 06:59
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-08-11 19:02
The challenge works the issue is not based on the browser, it is based in the code when a correct password is given.

I got a 404 error myself but, if you look in the source code when you get a correct answer what it does you might get a clue on how to fix that 404 error.

here is the issue
--> the password must be submitted in **p**c**e
--> the credit file must be in **w**c**e in the URL

when the script takes the correct password and does the redirect to the file to get credit you'll get a 404 error because the c**e doesn't match the file on the server.

sorry if this was any kind of spoiler, that was not my intention, if you already have the correct answer this should help you get credit for the mission.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2