Newest Member: fezphantom
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

IRC Challenge + Promotion

Your avatar

Posted on 01-04-06 14:15
I've been to the HBH channel on IRC, and it's nowhere close to HTS' or other hacking communities, yet the people on HBH are my favorite (*crying* I LOVE YOU GUYS).

Enough of the bullshit. Well I was thinking that the Admins could probably make an IRC challenge (like the mozilla firefox, and linux challenge in OTHER section of the challenges) to see if the users have IRC (mIRC, bitchX, Xchat, etc...) installed on their box.

That could make it so more people join the HBH channel, and there will also be more challenges on our COMMUNITY... which I'm sure not too many hacking communities have.
So that's a thing to keep in mind (specially for the admins / people who make the challenges...)

NOTE: I would like recommend giving points to people, such as me, who come up with such brilliant idead. But then, you can just discard my stupid suggestion out the window, and never even think of me of suggestion such thing. Have a great day, guys.

Author

RE: IRC Challenge + Promotion

Your avatar

Posted on 01-04-06 14:42
I don't really see the point. People could install IRC on their box but don't use it. I won't add anything to the number of peeps on the hbh channel...

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-04-06 15:13
The_Cell wrote:
I don't really see the point. People could install IRC on their box but don't use it. I won't add anything to the number of peeps on the hbh channel...

just like i havent installed linux and beaten the install linux challenge ? Pfft
but yeah i agree with The_Cell

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-04-06 15:57
I really think that an IRC challenge should be made regardless..
Think about it, wouldn't it be better if the IRC channel was full, instead of always having 3-4 people on average in it? Don't listen to me, tho - I'm not l33t like the_Code, or god.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-04-06 16:27
i dont think it matters if someone is .. uh "1337" or "n00b", they should be heard nonetheless, but u're right about that almost nobody hangs in the IRC channel.... well yeah that might be a good idea after all..

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 01-04-06 19:26
the idea/objective of the IRC channel is the same as having a site called HBH... to bring people interested in computer security together to share ideas and educate each other through different ways, such as Basic web hacking, Javascript, Application Cracking, Encryption, and logical challenges.
And, it will also help spark the interest of newbies in IRC. B/c I believe that not too many people use in enough, or at all - so it should become just as famous as Mozilla and Linux.