Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Author

Intercepting Proxy For an Executable

Your avatar

Posted on 23-01-09 23:21
Hello HBH,

Have you ever heard of Paro's, Burp proxy or even Tamper Data(firefox add-on)? I need a tool of that sorts, but instead of for a web browser I need a proxy that can intercept communications between an executable and its 'home server'.

Is there a program that would suite the purpose of capturing and possibly manipulating data coming from the server to the executable and going out from the executable to the server?

I have used wireshark to view the communications being made but honestly I have no clue how to read the tcp stream of data being passed back and forth. Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to read the info being passed over the tcp protocol and a proxy to manipulate that information in transit?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Author

RE: Intercepting Proxy For an Executable

KvK

Apprentice
Posted on 23-01-09 23:41
Is there a program that would suite the purpose of capturing and possibly manipulating data coming from the server to the executable and going out from the executable to the server?

Have you tried WPE Pro? I used to use it a while back. You can use filters to manipulate incoming packets. Dunno if it suits your needs but I hope it helps.