Newest Member: TheBunter
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

I want my Points !

Your avatar

Posted on 26-09-09 03:59
I joined this site really because a friend gave me a peice of code I found interesting. To which I tracked it down to this site Its a simple enough peice of C+ code to create an admin account on xp vista or even v7 windows from any account even guest using a simple exploit.
Im a computer enginner having dabbled a bit with programming most of my life and this code actually is usefull to me.

Anyway having fun with the challenges I found myself having a slight dissagrement with an unfortunate Admin (no names) about one of the answers to a logic puzzle.

After a full explination he agrees that my method does provide a correct answer however its not the answer he is `provided' and requires to release the points. I thought Id mention this as I`m sure this site is aimed at encouriging creative thinking towards identifying possible security flaws in software/web sites if a simple alternate like this is not acceptable and added as a correct alternitive then isnt this a problem !

Anyhow it miffed me off a bit lol !
Author

RE: I want my Points !

KvK

Apprentice
Posted on 26-09-09 04:25
MoshBat wrote:
And the AT command vulnerability was fixed in Vista, I believe.
Oh, nope. It doesn't work in XP using a guest account, nor regular, only Admin.
Nice try.

Actually, I discovered that on my school's technology server, it is possibly to run the "AT" command in the "command.com" shell despite account level.
Nice try.
:happy:

Author

KvK

Apprentice
Posted on 26-09-09 04:55
MoshBat wrote:
I don't have command.COM...
I simply used CMD. But, environments differ, I was merely testing Vista and XP Home.

It's pretty rare not to have "command.com" on a Windows OS. However I do agree that the environment makes a great difference. I think my school's security flaw arose due to their attempt to implement security, which disabled other default security precautions.

@OP: Just because you decide to post a rant about how you think it is unfair that your answer should be considered correct yet was considered incorrect does not mean that the Admin will change their mind. There is a difference between solving a problem and finding a smartass workaround. Apparently, the Admin is looking for the former.
:happy:

Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 26-09-09 10:05
Maybe the answer that was given is a completely illogical way of doing it.
Although in the end it may work I don't see the point of getting overly upset about a simple challenge if points are the only thing your here for you have the wrong idea. Your here to learn not impress with points.
Point do not == respect, Knowledge == respect.

Like to add: If you submit an answer Submit the whole thing and be clear in plain English. A lot of times they get declined for not being complete.

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.

Edited by korg on 26-09-09 11:05
O R