Follow us on Twitter!
Imagination is more valuable than knowledge - Albert Einstein
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 20
Guests Online: 20
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82889
Newest Member: Geriztul
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | General | Debates

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Author

RE: I'm pro abortion


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 29-04-10 10:31
@Twinkee
Bit cranky, are we? I wonder what in my post could've possibly presented me as not calm. Damn it I even added the word "cheeky" in my post, there's no way a post with that word in it could be anything but relaxed. Ah well.

Whether you say it is a stay in the middle type of argument, it's nonetheless a stay in the middle type of argument with influence from what you personally believe. So in simpler terms: it's neutral with inclination towards the anti-abortion side. You're seeing the lack of proof that it isn't a human life, a pro-abortionist might to the same argument see the lack of proof that it is a human life and subsequently doesn't think he should gamble with the consequences of not doing something. There is no way to stay out of the argument and say that only one side might have awful consequences since no matter which side we're on, we're making a decision about a life. A life snuffed out can be awful, a life left to live can be worse. We cannot know, either action is a gamble and ultimately leads to what you personally feel.
And no matter what, we're now still back at the life is a subjective thing argument. If we agree on that, then there isn't a gambling in any way since it is impossible to prove that it is or isn't life by the very fact that it is subjective.

Would you not say that abortions might in many cases be the act of taking responsibility and keeping it the act of not doing so? Emotionally, an abortion might even be a harder thing to ultimately decide at for some and it would've been an easier think to just keep it if we're considering responsibility into the matter.

Hmm, I don't know if you meant to be insulting or not with opinion being between quotation marks. Anyhow, if you insist, here's a little insight into the mind of the person you're conversing with.

I would seriously hope that everyone here agrees that murder, when not in the form of defense, is morally or at least humanly wrong.

To this I say no. But, I will not discuss that further here.
Anyhow, if you're really insisting that this is a debate and that that means that we have to just argue with each other, then I'm really disappointed in you. Personally I was just enjoying having a conversation where I could get to know someone's stance that I find genuinely interesting and not get into little pissy disagreements with the person. Meanwhile everyone gets a fuller view on your stance on the matter in this thread and anyone who wishes can always start arguing with you about it. So if you're maintaining that just because this is a debate we have to be doing some petty arguing, then I'm sorry to have to say that my participation in this conversation is now over.
Enjoy your further arguments.
COM


Author

RE: I'm pro abortion

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 29-04-10 10:35
Twinkee wrote:
This whole argument is pointless anyways, as it could be solved at step one if anyone in the world actually took responsibility for their actions. Instead of, "Uh-oh, knocked my girl up."


"Uh-oh I got raped"



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: I'm pro abortion

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 29-04-10 18:14
MoshBat wrote:
People don't often think that carefully, and after all, killing something that has yet to know what a breath of air feels like is better than it living a shit life, ending when it kills itself. And killing yourself puts you in Hell, right?


That might be, but I'm sure that killing yours31f will grant you a place in heaven.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: I'm pro abortion


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 29-04-10 21:08
In the 70's abortion was legalised in some parts of the US. The majority of those seeking these now legal abortions were teenagers or other "unsuitable" parents.

About 20 years later crime dropped in these parts. Including violent crime. This landed in the 90's but rather than attribute it to the lower number of 16-25's (the main practitioners of crime) people just put it down to better govenrance.

Abortions save lives.




Edited by on 29-04-10 21:09
Author

RE: I'm pro abortion


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 29-04-10 22:25
MoshBat wrote:
maug wrote:
MoshBat wrote:
maug wrote:
alright, organic or natural.

Did you know both Heroin and Alcohol are organic, and natural?


Heroin is not natural. It's refined/processed opium, that has been extracted from a plant. And organic only means that it is made of a carbon chain.

Purified. You can chomp on the poppies and still get an, albeit mild, effect.


Opium is the tar that comes out of the slits in live opium poppies. There's a ton of mind-altering chemicals there, including psychedelic hallucinogens. Once you have opium, you can extract the morphine. H is "purified" 10 more times and is certainly not natural, seeing as you have to mix it with acids and solvents. Making a quid like you would with cocoa or salvia is a waste. Grind it up, make a tea. If you want to smoke it, filter then evaporate the water. This is called "cooked opium" which is the opium that most of china smokes.

God dammit. See what happens when we talk about abortion?




Edited by on 30-04-10 06:21
Author

RE: I'm pro abortion


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 29-04-10 22:30
And any "people need simply need to stop making stupid decisions" argument is void. Accidents happen, there needs to be an "in the event everything should go horribly wrong plan" and there isn't anything else. This link is somewhat related.

http://www.ted.co. . .nal_1.html




Edited by on 29-04-10 22:34
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4