Newest Member: aIjundi
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

how hackers are depictured in Movies

Your avatar

Posted on 23-06-05 01:17
Ever Watch a movie that has Hackers in it Depictured badly like it makes you sick to your stomach just seeing it well I'm Writing this Thread just to see how many of you see them this way Lets start with ONE
HACKERS- The movie is a little out of day for 5 years ago but who cares the characters are all fucked up and have no idea almost That movie does so you the war that Hackers have in this large growing envirment we play in but they dot know

IF you have any ideas then send it im waiting for your respons

Author

RE: how hackers are depictured in Movies

Your avatar

Posted on 23-06-05 04:42
Actually, not all movies depict hackers that badly. HACKERs (which as you said is out of date) depicts a slightly false view of what a hacker in THAT time was. Alot of the things that happen in that movie HAD happened in reality. If you're looking to get a pretty good depiction of hacking, check out the movie Project: Swordfish with John Travolta. Unfortunately, the early 90's or 80's or whatever image of a hacker has been spread to seem like that's how hackers in the 21st century actually act and see things. Actually, I would prefer it that not everyone knows what a hacker is, because THEN that makes the feeling of security much more difficult to keep and so many 'noobs' would be coming and asking how to hack (more then there already are Shock!)

Author

RE: Yet to find one

Your avatar

Posted on 23-06-05 10:23
Hey i am yet to find a movie that is all about hacking and hackers are depicted like people instead of super humans. In Swordfish he cracks an FBI password in 1 minute that is c**p. I reckon some people leave there comp on for like 30 days just to crack a hash password
Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 23-06-05 11:05
true, but i'd much rather people saw hackers the 'swordfish' way, other than the way depeicted in the film 'Hackers' because that was pathetic. The way they dressed and their names, its ridiculas.

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-06-05 06:42
bennyboy wrote:
Hey i am yet to find a movie that is all about hacking and hackers are depicted like people instead of super humans. In Swordfish he cracks an FBI password in 1 minute that is c**p. I reckon some people leave there comp on for like 30 days just to crack a hash password

It's definetly possible to do that, just because it's unheard of doesn't mean that there's not a quick way of doing it.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-06-05 09:12
And also if you know the exact keyset, size or even the key....

Author

n3w7yp3

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 24-06-05 14:48
the space time trade off crack (aka a Password Probibility Matrix) is indeed capable of cracking even very long passwords very fast.

"Root is a state of mind" -- K0resh
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 29-06-05 18:01
i think it was crap that he did it in a minute. i mean he had a laptop too. unless he had like a Tb of RAm and a processor of a super computer in the box i doubt he could do that. and gettting a BJ at the same time. and a gun pointed at his head. too many distractions for meB)