Donate to us via Paypal!
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before. - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Sunday, February 28, 2021
Navigation
Home
 Find:
 Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
 Exploit:
 Programming:
 Think:
 Track:
 Patch:
 Other:
 Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 118
Guests Online: 117
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 133753
Newest Member: sergio8793a
Latest Articles

View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Author

Help with Hacking

Your avatar

Posted on 18-09-07 22:09
I followed the golden rule about this first. I asked Google and I found nothing. I know little to nothing about hacking, so I need some help. I have an IP address which I can use remote desktop connection to access. I used to be able to access the administrator account but the password got changed. I need to know is there so way I can get the administrator password for a computer running windows 2000 server, and it has no firewall. Thanks in advance.
Author

RE: Help with Hacking

Your avatar

Posted on 18-09-07 22:13
sorry, I don't like cheaters.
nah, only kidding! lol. But seriously, I don't.

Have you tried the usual things like SAM and what not?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-09-07 22:16
Sorry, but I don't really know what SAM is, and this is not a challenge. This is real life but, if I do anything malicious on the server, the people that run it will know about it, so I just want to look around.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-09-07 22:19
ok, but curiosity killed the cat Wink

I've actually never used windows 2000, but if it's anything like xp, there should be a sam file in the windows/system32 folder somewhere that contains the encrypted password. You can't access it while you are in windows usually, so try a linux live cd, or check the /repair folder.

Edited by on 18-09-07 22:21
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-09-07 22:25
The only access I have to this system is a user account which I can access regedit (if that helps) What would the file be named if it was in the system32 folder because there are lots of files there.
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 18-09-07 22:25
just wth ViralCoder, stop using the same trick over and over again.

What the topicstarter wants is to access the PC remotely. Either guess/bruteforce the password for remote desktop OR exploit a active service. Do a portscan and check milw0rm. People will think you are a lamer if you do it this way, but hey, maybe you'll learn something from it.

EDIT: didn't see previous post at the time of posting this.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce

Edited by spyware on 18-09-07 22:33
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-09-07 22:42
wait, I'm confused, did I do something wrong? nvm
I'm pretty sure the dude wants the admin pass for the pc though :/

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 18-09-07 23:12
wait, you have access to a normal account on the pc?
at what level/layer is the password?

meh.
linkage time(read and reap):
http://home.eunet. . ./ntpasswd/
http://www.ironge. . .lsamcrack2
http://www.ironge. . .alsamcrack

Edited by on 18-09-07 23:14
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-09-07 01:50
None of those links help....I need a program that I can enter the IP address, and it searches the computer of all passwords. I think Lophtcrack does that and I will try to get a copy of it. Please remember I do not have physical access to the computer, I can only use remote desktop connection to connect to it and log in under a guest account. The administrator is pretty stupid, so I am willing to try anything at all to get that password. Thanks for all the help you guys are giving me.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-09-07 20:36
I know there is someone out there who is laughing at how easy this would be for them to do, but that is you and not me. I really need some help with this, so for all of you laughing at how easy this is and how stupid I am, think about this. If you can tell me how to do this I have just learned something, and the more I learn, the less I ask about. I asked someone how to do this and he told me about this site which I had never heard of. Of course he knew how to do it, but he wanted me to find it myself, and I haven't found anything that can help me yet.
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 19-09-07 20:37
LOL.

Go, run! Before you get flamed!

(You will get flamed)

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-09-07 20:42
gamecheater wrote:
I know there is someone out there who is laughing at how easy this would be for them to do, but that is you and not me. I really need some help with this, so for all of you laughing at how easy this is and how stupid I am, think about this. If you can tell me how to do this I have just learned something, and the more I learn, the less I ask about. I asked someone how to do this and he told me about this site which I had never heard of. Of course he knew how to do it, but he wanted me to find it myself, and I haven't found anything that can help me yet.

well, i can sort of understand how you feel (even though I don't remember asking questions like yours..ever). I guess the world of 'hacking' can be a daunting place for some people. But hacking a windows nt admin pass would not necessarily make you a hacker. A thief, a vandal, a cracker maybe.

but yeah, can someone please just help this dude so we can close this thread and all go out and have a party somewhere? Pfft

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-09-07 20:42
Nope I am fine, I dont mind being flamed so I am ready for it go ahead and flame the newb hacker.
Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 19-09-07 20:45
gamecheater wrote:
I need a program that I can enter the IP address, and it searches the computer of all passwords.

Yeah, who doesn't? Grin

Do you actually think there's such a thing as an application which can do this on any computer just like that?

EDIT: Not meant as flaming, more like trying to explain that it's not that easy Pfft

img230.imageshack.us/img230/724/uber0nsig3hj6.gif
http://uber0n.web. . .

Edited by Uber0n on 19-09-07 20:47
Nope http://uber0n.webs.com/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-09-07 20:51
thats what i was just about to say uber0n. but if its a server, try and go round and probe the sites for exploits, if you dont know how to do that then get learning Wink
also try out some common windows exploits like netbios, you can find some info on them in the articles section.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-09-07 21:33
If you have access to regedit, you may have access to CMD right? if not you should be able to manufacture your way into CMD. you might need to edit the security policy as well. Once in CMD you should be able to access the computer as system, if the "exploit" was there in Win2k, I've never used it so i wouldn't know for sure. It also depends on the level of access, but you should be able to change the logon.scr to cmd.exe and gain access that way, but again this is XP im talking about, perhaps it will work, if screensavers show on remote desktop?
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-09-07 21:48
This isn't a web server. It is my school server (sorry I forgot to tell you that). I have access to regedit and CMD. I just want a program I can run through remote desktop connection, because I can't get physical access to the server. Is there any program that can tell me all the usernames and passwords on the current computer that I am running it on?
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-09-07 22:00
type net user to find all users on the server(on that server itself, not the network) then 'net user username password' can be used to change passes if you have enough privs.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 19-09-07 22:11
gamecheater wrote:
Nope I am fine, I dont mind being flamed so I am ready for it go ahead and flame the newb hacker.

You're not a hacker... you're not even a newb one. You're a skiddie. You don't know what a SAM is and you are unwilling to learn from spoon-fed exploit explanations. You just want a program that you can run and feel like you did something meaningful.

There are programs that would help you do that which you are aiming to do, but I won't mention any of them. Why should I? If you want access to that system so damn bad, why don't you learn how to achieve it yourself? Or, at the very least, why don't you learn how to ask better questions? Even asking for sources of information on how to defeat RDP would've been better than "hey, can I get a prog?".

Go read, learn, try and, once you've failed, bring the gained knowledge to the table so someone might actually WANT to help you.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 20-09-07 20:41
Cool. Now I get to flame.
I don't give a shit about what you think I am. I know right now I can't call myself a hacker, and I don't because I know that what I know right now about computers means nothing compared to what I can learn. I am willing to learn anything I can, and it might be that you think I don't want to learn from "spoon-fed exploit explanations", but I know I want to learn hacking, but I do not understand much anything about it.
I decided to upload a keylogger to the server and watch what happens so thanks for the help, I guess I will have to learn how to get the SAM file somewhere else.
You just want a program that you can run and feel like you did something meaningful.
Doesn't everyone? I mean, doesn't everyone want a program that can do all their hacking for them? Another thing. I don't really care how "meaningful" what I do is. I want to hack computers because I am curious about how they work, and what is on them.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >