my friend emailed with a problem. it left me clueless! here is what she said "it won't burn anything onto a disk. says that it is and it even goes thru the motions but comes out blank. so i borrowed an externel cd burner and it won't work. i need to take the computer back to factory specks and can't until i can burn these onto a disk."
does anyone know what would fix this or any idea's?
1) uninstall the driver for the CD-Writer
2) Shut down PC and remove the device from the system
3) Boot up without any CD Drive
4) scan for Hardware changes
5) Shutdown PC
6) replace the Drive
7) Boot PC and run the hardware scan again
8) re-install drivers OVERWRITING old ones if applicable
9) windows Updates
10) make sure you have a good working CD Burning software