RE: Hellbound Linux

Your avatar

Posted on 26-04-07 23:59
i'll join

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-07 05:48
Yeah man im working on it ive checked my PM ill add all of you all tonight im kidna in math atm but lol interesting forum now good to see people are showing interest. It will work hopefully!

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-07 08:34
Ok well firstly. Thanks for the update on slax and secondly this seems like an easy enough project to do but im not commiting to any date as im a full tiem student but me adn larika are working on it. What i need now is for every and any suggestions to tools used by hackers and then to know what are the best for those fields. Also i intend to include lots of articles from hbh etc in the distro sort of like hbh incorporated into a distro (the whole point of the project) i might even put chislams book in. Now so far for the tools all i have is.
Wardriving -Aircrack-ng Suite
Hash Cracking -JTR
those are the only def ones so far. But anything that is sugested adn is proved worthwhile will be included.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-07 13:25
Nmap is pretty much a staple port scanner, so you want to include that. Also, either tcpdump (if you're just running command-line) or Wireshark / Ethereal (GUI) for packet sniffing is good stuff. Personally, I think that THC Hydra should be included as well... it's a good brute-forcer for SSH, telnet, FTP, etc. and it threads attempts.

I'll probably post with more when I think of more.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-07 14:10
sakarin wrote:
slackware (and slax) have slapt-get which is like apt-get ubuntu has.
dunno if that's what you mean with package manager..

Yes, that's it. B)
It's a nice project :-)
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-07 14:52
i really think you should stay away from wireless hacking tools..
it's changing every month not only the tools are far from stable but there are lots of problems with drivers for wireless cards every one has a diferent card and most don't allow injection..

if you focus on cracking and webhacking it's a lot easier to make a distro that not only will stay up to date for a longer period but it won't have to compete with big and powerfull projects like phlak and backtrack

decent set of tools lots of articles and tutorials, create a learning platform to make the distro usefull for both experienced and newbies.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-07 22:56
Yes well firstly adressing the matter you said about wireless hacking etc. i intend to make HBL a hacking distro for every purpose but without the amount fo tolls backtrack has so it reduces clutter. But it will be mainly WebHacking based. And im going to select all teh good articles from hbh and incorporate them into the documentation. etc. ive only ben working on it for a couple of days but so far i jsut need apps then i will select ebta testers to help me out.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-07 23:17
well im closing in on my exam season so my spare time is kinda short but feel free to ask if you have any task and are short of hands..

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-04-07 23:42
djdotti[at]hotmail[dot-co][dot-uk] if i can help in anyway (msn)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2