Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Events | General

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Author

RE: HBHzine

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 19:18
He was implying that it was bad to be using a non-modified version of fusion, which I agree with whole heartedly.

I also second the points about the poorness of the zines as I commented on this topic at the release date

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 19:20
Well i'm down i can't do much but i might be able to do something or look for shit if you want AIM me at 'yourcpphero' or msn me at
imask8erhack@hotmail.com
i never read any of the other ones so it would be cool if it got started again and it would be sweet if i could read some thanks manSmileSmile

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 19:20
why does it even need a site? i mean all it really needs is to be incorporated into HBH itself. So stop worrying so much about where you are going to host your site, etc. and worry about making awesome articles. An idea that would be pretty cool, is to have at least 1 video come out with the zine, if not then maybe make the whole zine issue a collective amount of videos from the zine staff. i am just thinking of a couple of ideas, but i mean who doesn't like watching videos instead of reading text?

Author

jaggedlancer

Moderate
Warn Level: 5
Posted on 17-03-07 19:24
chislam wrote:
why does it even need a site? i mean all it really needs is to be incorporated into HBH itself. So stop worrying so much about where you are going to host your site, etc. and worry about making awesome articles. An idea that would be pretty cool, is to have at least 1 video come out with the zine, if not then maybe make the whole zine issue a collective amount of videos from the zine staff. i am just thinking of a couple of ideas, but i mean who doesn't like watching videos instead of reading text?

I second that :happy: visual/practical aids are always better for keeping thoughts in your head Wink

i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/Eyefork/jageye.png
73 6d 69 6c 65 79 77 69 7a 61 72 64 40 68 6f 74 6d 61 69 6c 2e 63 6f 2e 75 6b - twitter.com/joshsmile
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 19:25
chislam wrote:
who doesn't like watching videos instead of reading text?

true but then it wouldnt really be a magezine
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 19:34
who says that we have to be like everyone else?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 19:36
dude i could deffinetly do videos

i did one on phishing

i could make more for the zine if you want just ask

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 19:37
Your point? Why does it matter if its a real magazine? If we have the technology to save space and make things easier..lets use it..

Author

Neo_Chalchus

Apprentice
Posted on 17-03-07 19:46
The zine doesn't NEED a site, something that bothered me about the last incarnation of the zine was the huge focus on it being a site, not necessarily a zine. However, we need to work out how things are going to run and a staff first. Let me and netfish do what we need to do.
We will talk about the video idea. I, myself, am a purist so I would like it to be an actual "e-zine" in the most literal sense of the term, so I hope that there will be text articles, however, videos may accompany, I cannot say anything at this time because netfish and I have not talked it through.
Keep the suggestions coming and feel free to debate, but realize that until some of the basic needs (a plan, a staff, ect...) are met, you may not get to many answers from us.

Also, We have System_Meltdown's blessing (yay Grin) but I also want to make sure Mr_Cheese wants us to continue the zine as well. If he has not posted on this thread in a day or two I will PM him to ask.

Until later when we have more answers for you,
NC

EDIT: @The_Flash: I realize that the previous zine had many innaccuracies we will try to fix that as much as possible. I will do at least the minimum of research to check facts. As with even the best journalism and editors, a few may slip through, because that's just how life works. But I want you to know that I will do the VERY best that I can to ensure you a HACKING zine, that is accurate, and is as focused on computers, hacking, security, and programming. You are our audience and we will cater to your interests.

eviltonmoy.googlepages.com/neo_chalchus.png
Thank you EvilTonmoy for the AWESOME SIG!!!

Edited by Neo_Chalchus on 17-03-07 20:03
http://hackref.net
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 19:49
maybe could write and article with a video to go with it

so then in the article it says "watch this video on this article" and then a link or something

and the video be made by the same person who writes it so they go together betterGrin

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 19:53
sleazoid wrote:
maybe could write and article with a video to go with it

so then in the article it says "watch this video on this article" and then a link or something

and the video be made by the same person who writes it so they go together betterGrin

i like that
Author

bl4ckc4t

Your avatar

Wiseman
Posted on 17-03-07 20:02
I always liked the zine, although I agree with mozzer, hackysack isn't an interesting subject. You should talk more about vulnerabilities, SQL injection, blind SQL injection, remote file include, file include, buffer overflows, etc.

These are more interesting than hackysack.

-Bl4ckC4t

Author

Neo_Chalchus

Apprentice
Posted on 17-03-07 20:04
I edited my last post to address that issue about the zine's subjects and accuracies.

eviltonmoy.googlepages.com/neo_chalchus.png
Thank you EvilTonmoy for the AWESOME SIG!!!
http://hackref.net
Author

jaggedlancer

Moderate
Warn Level: 5
Posted on 17-03-07 20:04
Wtf is hackysack anyway?

i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/Eyefork/jageye.png
73 6d 69 6c 65 79 77 69 7a 61 72 64 40 68 6f 74 6d 61 69 6c 2e 63 6f 2e 75 6b - twitter.com/joshsmile
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 20:05
Lol @ Jaggledancer - Read mozzers post Wink

turbocharged_06 wrote:
i like that

What a pointless post. Save your 3 worded opinion for a later date sil vous plait.

I'm sorry to say but you can't have any beginner articles. It should range from intermediate > advanced. Beginner/basic articles are what users of this site day to day... The zine needs to draw people across the globe of a high intelligence. This, in my opinion, is the best way to develop the zine and HBH.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 20:09
The Flash wrote:
What a pointless post. Save your 3 worded opinion for a later date sil vous plait.

I'm sorry to say but you can't have any beginner articles. It should range from intermediate > advanced. Beginner/basic articles are what users of this site day to day... The zine needs to draw people across the globe of a high intelligence. This, in my opinion, is the best way to develop the zine and HBH.

yeah dude deffinetly

great idea

like hbh can teach you the basics then the zine could help you when you go off to do more then little hbh stuff

Edited by on 17-03-07 20:20
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 20:09
turbocharged_06 wrote:
p.s. i dont like you flash no offense but dont reply to my posts anymore since they arent at your level

read my post
--------------------------------------------------
Anyway we should have like different topics that the staff needs to make videos and articles for like:
sql injections, XSS, .....ect
and the staff will need to fill it up
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 20:13
if you goto lessons on the side menu of hbh theres many videos in there from mr_cheese and others that are on subjects like that turbo

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 20:14
turbocharged_06 wrote:
p.s. i dont like you flash no offense but dont reply to my posts anymore since they arent at your level

Excuse how childish this may sound, but I will reply to whatever the fuck I want to.

bl4ckc4t wrote:
I agree with mozzer, hackysack isn't an interesting subject.

I don't recall mozzer saying that. Maybe you should pay better attention before quoting people?

jaggedlancer wrote:
Wtf is hackysack anyway?

I suggest you read the previous zines :angry:

And sleazoid - Glad you agree xD

Edit:

I would love to help lol

Edited by on 17-03-07 20:16
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 17-03-07 21:08
sleazoid wrote:
if you goto lessons on the side menu of hbh theres many videos in there from mr_cheese and others that are on subjects like that turbo

ok but well make one for the zine and they should be high quality
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >