Follow us on Twitter!
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 14
Guests Online: 11
Members Online: 3

Registered Members: 82810
Newest Member: TheDuke777
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Projects

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: HBH book?

DeafCode

Apprentice
Warn Level: 30
Posted on 12-07-08 09:07
they give up coding an operating system

i'm talking about explaining what we do for fun which alot of users do anyways

:ninja:
http://2130706433
Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 12-07-08 09:19
If we made an ebook I'm sure it'd be popular, but that'd be more like reviving the HBH Zine (which I really liked though Smile) I'm just saying that making a real book, printing and selling it would cost money and require lots of work ^^

But I agree it'd be a fun project :happy:

img230.imageshack.us/img230/724/uber0nsig3hj6.gif
http://uber0n.web. . .
Nope http://uber0n.webs.com/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-07-08 09:28
You could always be cheap and use something like lulu.com, even if only one book sold there'd still be profit.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-07-08 09:36
s3klyma wrote:
phreaking could only take up the equivalent of maybe a sub
topic..

I strongly disagree

EDIT: if you all have this much energy, why not revive the HBH Zen? And if you actually have a strong understanding of some of these subjects, why not just write some articles? or create a simple site that can act as a reservoir for all this hacking knowledge?

Edited by on 12-07-08 10:16
Author

DeafCode

Apprentice
Posted on 12-07-08 09:38
ok so who would do what

im ok with rooting and UberOn said he'd do the XSS

who else will help and on what?

Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 12-07-08 09:51
Perhaps you should talk with the HBH admins before making a HBH book... Wink

img230.imageshack.us/img230/724/uber0nsig3hj6.gif
http://uber0n.web. . .
Nope http://uber0n.webs.com/
Author

DeafCode

Apprentice
Posted on 12-07-08 09:58
Probably a smart idea:right:

Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 12-07-08 11:19
with this many people i would be willing to help any way possible.

Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.

img259.imageshack.us/img259/3713/sigr.png

yours31f@live.com yours31f@yahoo.com rpwd.info
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-07-08 13:30
i think that this book is great idea and i also think that web site will be much better, but if smbd do that then all noobs have to do is buy this book and learn almost everything there and there is no longer self made hacker (if you want to explain everything in this book with lots of people) dont you think it will be just too easy for noob.
sorry on english

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-07-08 13:32
to learn is not hard but you first have to hear for some kind of exploit to learn it (if you know what i think)

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-07-08 14:29
I think it's a great idea.I'm no expert on this sort of stuff but if it does come to form I'll help in any way I can.Smile
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-07-08 15:17
I don't think I have that much faith in this idea. I'm not saying everyone who's mentioned something here wouldn't be able to do it but I'd say writing something that would be put in a book is at to high of a level for most people.

If you were to write a book and expect people to read it you would need to know the subject in and out like an expert(even if your not technically one) and be able to write really well. Also I think it should be written by the best of hbh on the subject and not just anyone who wants to help (even though your intentions I'm sure are great). I'm also not trying to point out who the best are and aren't, I'm just stating that I would rather read something published by someone who really knows their stuff.

You also have to determine how in depth your going to go into each topic and the more topics you have and the more you go in depth, the longer it's going to take to write and the longer the book will be of course. I personally believe that if your going to put this stuff into a book you should go pretty in depth into it and not just cover basics but that's just my opinion.

Either way I don't think a book is the best of ideas. If you feel like you can write a book, post some great articles on the topic instead. Give hbh more great articles. Stay away from challenge articles and start writing them on other topics. Even make a series of articles and have one or two cover the basics then go on to more advanced stuff.

Anyway, this is long so I'm stopping.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-07-08 15:28
I think reviving HBH Zine is a more realistic idea.

I've found the forums are beginning to lack good content and are becoming
somewhat boring to read (imo). The article system definitely has interesting
content, but there are a few issues with its presentation.

Even if only a few new issues got released before everyone lost interest,
then it would have achieved a lot more than writing half a book that was
never finished.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-07-08 18:55
I think it would be great...if it would work. Which I don't think it will. Maybe some parts will get done. But it's very hard to keep a high quality with so many involved.

Book: will probably fail
E-book: might work

But I would be more than happy to see you prove me wrong. Smile

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-07-08 19:06
c4p_sl0ck wrote:
I think it would be great...if it would work. Which I don't think it will. Maybe some parts will get done. But it's very hard to keep a high quality with so many involved.

Book: will probably fail
E-book: might work

But I would be more than happy to see you prove me wrong. Smile

Yup, a book is probably gonna fail unless you can find a publisher willing to publish it. Then it would have to be of the highest quality; whereas a zine or something could be done. Perhaps work on an ebook/zine and contact publishers to see if they might be interested in publishing it. But as I said, it would have to be high quality.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-07-08 19:36
The only addition to the layout I can think of is a coding section. maybe towards the beginning so the reader can get a basic understanding of operators and everything else thats fairly relevent to web programming.

As for the book succeeding or not. I will have to place my bets on yes it could. Mainly due to the phrase "You don't know unless you try". I am very sure the market would love a book written from the eyes of the hacker community rather then the eyes of the security analysist. With the alternative point of view readers will know more of the mentallity of "hackers" and will know what they/we would look for and thus help make thier site/server/computer more secure.

As for publishing, there are ALOT of computer related books out there. But not enough on the "security" aspect. This book would intrest publishers mainly due to it having many authors and covering a fairly wide range of aspects. Of course there would be a good bit of money needing involved to to printing and everything else but that money would be earned back from the sales. The only thing that I think would be good is to have one main writer tho. Yea all the info and articles made by individuals but the main copy would be writtin by a "professional" so theres no grammatical errors or nothing like that. Only reason I would suggest that is because the first thing a publisher would do is look for a flaw in the book. and even the slightest typo might turn them off. If anything I would say this book would take a very long while to complete before its ready for publishers. Then it would take even longer to get published and out to the market.

Oh and another section i just thought of.......experiences. Like a small section at back of book where the writters of certain articles tell thier best "hack" or a moment in thier "hacking" career(yes i said career) that stands out to them. Make the readers have a small laugh or two after spending a few hrs reading all the mumble jumble(half of which they wont understand right away)

Well theres my 2 cents. I have to say very good luck and I'll try to be first buyer when its out. Also I may be able to help with a bit of the basics but i cant guarentee it due to r/l job Sad
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2