Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author

grant points for code

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 14:13
for now, writing an article grants your 5 points (if it has 3 3+ ratings). Shouldn't there be such a thing for codes?

Author

RE: grant points for code

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 14:20
Im not agree. Points are yet awared for programming competitions. However im not agree whit the article thing also. Anyone has at least 3 friends here that can vote your code/article to give you the points. And that i can see is that hbh is full of useless/copied&changed codes and articles.

Im agree if admins/gods/hbh gurus vote the article/code good youll get points.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 14:23
Agree. admins/gods/hbh gurus Should be able of granting points on articles and codes.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 14:53
I think it's good that writing an article gives you points. If you get rewarded, I think more and more people will wirte articles.

As for the code, you can easily copy some code from a book or webpage, change some variables and put your name underneath it. I think it would nice if you have an orginal concept or some very useful code that is sure to be yours, that you get points for it. After all, you did the trouble of writing it and posting it in the code bank.

ALso maybe something in your profile like how many code examples you submitted Wink

Author

jaggedlancer

Moderate
Warn Level: 5
Posted on 10-03-07 14:57
I agree with The_cell, also you may get you mates to vote for you but your still helping other people with problems they have which is basicly what you get the points for :happy:

i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/Eyefork/jageye.png

Edited by jaggedlancer on 10-03-07 15:04
73 6d 69 6c 65 79 77 69 7a 61 72 64 40 68 6f 74 6d 61 69 6c 2e 63 6f 2e 75 6b - twitter.com/joshsmile
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 15:19
I only thought that was for one article, or does it happen everytime?

Author

jaggedlancer

Moderate
Warn Level: 5
Posted on 10-03-07 15:22
Dont you get the SORRY! you already done this challenge or something?

i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/Eyefork/jageye.png
73 6d 69 6c 65 79 77 69 7a 61 72 64 40 68 6f 74 6d 61 69 6c 2e 63 6f 2e 75 6b - twitter.com/joshsmile
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 15:27
yes it a challenge so it can only be beaten once. i assume :S

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 15:55
So therefore you don't get points each time you post an article

I personally think that you should only get points in the forums

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 16:12
I personally think that you should only get points in the forums

what would points be awarded for in the forums?

Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 10-03-07 16:19
minermonk wrote:
what would points be awarded for in the forums?

Dunno. However, the forum points are included in your rank (points + posts) Wink

img230.imageshack.us/img230/724/uber0nsig3hj6.gif
http://uber0n.web. . .
Nope http://uber0n.webs.com/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 16:23
well that would have been my responce, just wanted mozzer to walk in to it first Smile

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 16:41
Larika wrote:
Im agree if admins/gods/hbh gurus vote the article/code good youll get points.

Why them ? They are the king of the game call guess what's suppose to go there and you'll get your point ? Actually some member just don't do the challenge and don't care about them, does that make them unable to judge ?

In the same idea for this, what about an honorable mention for article and code that give +5 pts and a garbage mention for a crappy articles/code that got copy paste from an other site or that is already on the site ? The garbage mention would remove 5pts.

What about that ? That would make people do better stuff instead of spamming the site of crappy stuff.

Side Note : What about deleting all the crap that there is in the code bank ? That be near of 50% of the code, but at least that be better than before.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 16:43
i still disagree, some people could find an obscure webpage with some leet info and copy and paste it and claim it as there own, or like from an unknown book
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 16:46
revolt0163 -> Well if your caught , you get the garbage mention as I explain. You lose points. Would that be nice ?

Edited by on 10-03-07 16:46
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 18:09
Arto_8000 wrote:

Why them ? They are the king of the game call guess what's suppose to go there and you'll get your point ? Actually some member just don't do the challenge and don't care about them, does that make them unable to judge ?

In the same idea for this, what about an honorable mention for article and code that give +5 pts and a garbage mention for a crappy articles/code that got copy paste from an other site or that is already on the site ? The garbage mention would remove 5pts.

What about that ? That would make people do better stuff instead of spamming the site of crappy stuff.

Side Note : What about deleting all the crap that there is in the code bank ? That be near of 50% of the code, but at least that be better than before.

Im agree but complete challenges are the only way to demonstrate that youre able to judge. I seen here bad code and articles voted good and very good. This mean that can happen that you write a very good article/code and 3 person who vote it poor(becouse they hate you, becouse they are noobs and ingnorant and cant understand the article/code), youll lose points. I know that many people dont care about challenges, but we need a way to know if a person is able to judge, and challenges completed is a good demonstration. You can even judge after you write 3 articles+ 3 codes voted good(if you dont want waste your time doing challenges).

So in conclusion this is my suggestion :

+3 points for each awesome vote;
+2 points for each very good vote;
+1 for each good;
-1 for each average;
-2 for each poor.

Only first 10 votes are accepted, and only admins/hbh god or people that writed at least 3 codes or/and articles whit all votes positives can judge.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 18:30
never mind

Edited by on 10-03-07 18:34
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 19:58
Larika wrote:

Im agree but complete challenges are the only way to demonstrate that youre able to judge. I seen here bad code and articles voted good and very good. This mean that can happen that you write a very good article/code and 3 person who vote it poor(becouse they hate you, becouse they are noobs and ingnorant and cant understand the article/code), youll lose points. I know that many people dont care about challenges, but we need a way to know if a person is able to judge, and challenges completed is a good demonstration. You can even judge after you write 3 articles+ 3 codes voted good(if you dont want waste your time doing challenges).

So in conclusion this is my suggestion :

+3 points for each awesome vote;
+2 points for each very good vote;
+1 for each good;
-1 for each average;
-2 for each poor.

Only first 10 votes are accepted, and only admins/hbh god or people that writed at least 3 codes or/and articles whit all votes positives can judge.

You still don't understand what I'm saying. Challenge here are most of the time too easy or just a guessing game, so i don't call that something on which we can judge people.

Also for article, if I don't write any article does that mean I'm a noob ? What your saying is pure discrimination.

The point of having an honorable mention and a garbage mention is that it shouldn't be deserve too often. Also these will never be judge by the user, there is way too much skiddies on this site for it and the people I call skiddies are not people who haven't complete Basic 1. I won't name anybody about it, that's pure flamming.

For honorable mention :

- If there is any bad comment that are founded about the article it can't go any further, unless we found that it's unfounded.

- 50% + 1 of the admin need to agree whether the article should or shouldn't get honorable mention.

- The article gets an honorable mention and the admin write a short next to it of why it got honorable mention, explaination why this one and not an other one.

- Article on HBH Challenge and other site challenge like hackthissite can' t get honorable mention.

- If at any point the honorable mention is contest with founded argument the honorable mention must be removed.

For garbage mention :

- Any article that where copy/paste from an other site and that wasn't wrote by the author get automaticly a garbage mention.

- Any article that is consider as spam, advertising, misinformation also get garbage mention.

- If the article have a lot of bad comment about it and that they are all founded and the good comment about it are unfounded, admin can decide in the same way as honorable mention if it should get garbage mention.

Also all mention can only be deserve after 2 weeks of publishment.

Edited by on 10-03-07 20:02
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 20:49
Yeah, I don't think articles and code should get points each time as you are relying on the fact that everyone is unbiased

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-03-07 20:54
That and you have to make sure someone wouldn't register a bunch of accounts and post high ranks for them all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >