Follow us on Twitter!
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. - Winston Churchill
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 26
Guests Online: 24
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 82843
Newest Member: hx47
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Page 12 of 12 << < 9 10 11 12
Author

RE: God rank too easy?

Your avatar

Posted on 13-01-09 00:52
Folk Theory wrote:
i am posting in this thread to demonstrate my great interest in the discussions contained therein. o wait, wrong thread

Congratulations. Now that you've also demonstrated your uselessness, can we continue the discussion, or do you feel the need to unload some more wit on the thread to impede constructive posts?

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-07-11 06:42
COM wrote:
Well seeing as not even the OP has given any suggestions to actually improve the system he was graciously pointing out flaws in, besides shoveling on some new ranks every time the gap in points grow too large, here's a suggestion.

We've got the maximum amount of points you can get, that's 100, as in 100%. From the looks of the system we want it to be an exponential growth instead of a linear one. This means that, to make it simple, the equation is based on a squared function, thus we take the square root out of the 100 max and get 10. We now divide it into the amount of ranks we've got -1 because the first one is 0, meaning we divide the 10 with 14 and get a result that we round down to 0.71. Since it's rounded down to not go over 100% it means that we'll get a gap between the maximum amount of points and the amount needed for maximum rank which in this case will be: (0.71 * 14)^2 = 98.8036
This means that you'll need 98.8036% of the total points to achieve God rank, it's a small gap, but that was the main complaint anyway.
Following the equation (0.71 * <rank number above guest>Wink^2 means that we're left with a list that looks like this:

Guest <0.5041%
Newbie >=0.5041%
Apprentice >=2.0164%
Moderate >=4.5369%
Wiseman >=7.84%
Active User >=12.6025%
Mad User >=18.1476%
Monster >=24.7009%
Hacker Level 1 >=32.2624%
Hacker Level 2 >=40.8321%
Hacker Level 3 >=50.41%
Elite >=60.9961%
Uber Elite >=72.5904%
HBH Guru >=85.1929%
God >=98.8036%

Currently we're adding forum posts to our total points which are then compared to the limits of ranks, unfortunately as we've seen forum posts don't necessarily mean you've done something worthy of points. Community points just sit there without any obvious purpose even though those are what should show how much you've helped and done for the community, thus your total points should instead of challenge points + forum posts, consist of challenge points + community points.
Adressing the own rank in this system, you could simply make it 105% of the maximum challenge points or something similar such as 100% + x amount that you deem good. All this means is that you've probably completed all or close to all challenges and that you've done enough for the community to get enough community points or, for instance made challenges, or discovered vulnerabilities or anything else that can reward you with additional points.

K3174N a happy bunny now?

Imho only people that did 100% should be awarded "God" if you want to keep that title.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-07-11 07:22
MolesteD_ wrote:
Imho only people that did 100% should be awarded "God" if you want to keep that title.

Just for the sake of not leaving it ambiguous since it has been a while, I still stand by those numbers and thus do not share the opinion of 100% only for God rank, especielly with the gap being so small. Still, that part of it is completely subjective.
I take it that you are otherwise in favour of a percentage based system such as this.

For any developer, there is a lot of other discussions in this thread, with more ideas than just the percentage based rankings. It is a lot to read, but I suggest it should be done anyway.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-07-11 08:43
COM wrote:
MolesteD_ wrote:

Just for the sake of not leaving it ambiguous since it has been a while, I still stand by those numbers and thus do not share the opinion of 100% only for God rank, especielly with the gap being so small. Still, that part of it is completely subjective.
I take it that you are otherwise in favour of a percentage based system such as this.

For any developer, there is a lot of other discussions in this thread, with more ideas than just the percentage based rankings. It is a lot to read, but I suggest it should be done anyway.

Of course, I am in favour with a system like that. But God knows the answer on everything!

Author

Arabian
Banned

Apprentice
Posted on 06-07-11 09:33
I'm with COM on this one. I like his/her numbers.

G'bye y'all! I was an asshole, So korg banned me.
Page 12 of 12 << < 9 10 11 12