Follow us on Twitter!
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 18
Guests Online: 15
Members Online: 3

Registered Members: 82877
Newest Member: MWiki
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Page 7 of 12 << < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > >>
Author

RE: God rank to easy?

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 23-10-08 20:44
yours31f wrote:
I would like to clarify that the time frame I was talking about was, Maybe inactive for over a year or so. In two PM's even this would be an issue, So I respectfully withdraw that idea.

I see your point and I was almost going to say that I agree; but when I think about it - if you haven't been logged in for like 11 months you probably won't login just because your account will expire soon. However if you decide to return to the site after more than a year, it's nice if your account is still left :happy:

img230.imageshack.us/img230/724/uber0nsig3hj6.gif
http://uber0n.web. . .
Nope http://uber0n.webs.com/
Author

K3174N 420

Hacker Level 1
Warn Level: 69
Posted on 23-10-08 20:51
On the subject of deleting inactive accounts,

I can see sense in it all, but as uber just mentioned, People with a half decant account may return
after more than a year... i did!.... if only i remembered my old show of password.....bloody thing...

But what if all accounts that are:
Inactive for a year plus
Have under so many points
No articles
And barley any posts...

I bet theres a lot of accounts just like this...

These could be easily cleared up.

Thanks Yours31f!
img114.imageshack.us/img114/1497/keiran420cy2.jpg
Make poverty history... Cheaper drugs now! - Frank gallagher
[small][center]Einstein climbs to the top of Mt. Sinai to get close enough to talk to God.
Looking up, he asks the Lord...
"God, what does a million years mean to you?"
The Lord replies, "A minute."
"Einstein asks, "And what does a million pounds mean to you?"
The Lord replies, "A penny."
Einste
http://keiran420.ueuo.com/
Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 23-10-08 21:00
Actually one of the people who PM'd me has,
1) no articles
2) no forum post
3) a relatively small amount of points
4) was in jail for 6 months

That's why he ask about the idea, If ,for any reason, he had to go back, he would still like to access his account when he gets out.

Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.

img259.imageshack.us/img259/3713/sigr.png

Edited by yours31f on 23-10-08 21:00
yours31f@live.com yours31f@yahoo.com rpwd.info
Author

K3174N 420

Hacker Level 1
Warn Level: 69
Posted on 23-10-08 21:05
yours31f wrote:
Actually one of the people who PM'd me has,
1) no articles
2) no forum post
3) a relatively small amount of points
4) was in jail for 6 months

That's why he ask about the idea, If ,for any reason, he had to go back, he would still like to access his account when he gets out.

Hmm, i can see what your saying... But this does seem like a bit of a one off...

Plus if only a few challenges have been completed, It should't be hard to redo...

I returned, didn't take me long to catch up to my old accounts 2500 points... let alone 300 or so...

EDIT

Plus, if he does just a few more, his account will be in the safe zone...

Thanks Yours31f!
img114.imageshack.us/img114/1497/keiran420cy2.jpg
Make poverty history... Cheaper drugs now! - Frank gallagher
[small][center]Einstein climbs to the top of Mt. Sinai to get close enough to talk to God.
Looking up, he asks the Lord...
"God, what does a million years mean to you?"
The Lord replies, "A minute."
"Einstein asks, "And what does a million pounds mean to you?"
The Lord replies, "A penny."
Einste

Edited by K3174N 420 on 23-10-08 21:06
http://keiran420.ueuo.com/
Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 23-10-08 21:07
Well after that long, it might be a good thing to refresh your memory anyways. I mean six months is a long time to go without any time using or learning.

Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.

Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 23-10-08 21:54
yours31f wrote:
without any time using or learning.

Maybe people are busy with other stuff. And this might surprise you, but hacking CAN be used outside of HBH Wink nothing says that by not logging in here they're not using their knowledge.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 23-10-08 22:06
yours31f wrote:
Well after that long, it might be a good thing to refresh your memory anyways. I mean six months is a long time to go without any time using or learning.

Really? I was gone for about that amount of time this year, actually. Trust me, I did plenty of learning and using while I was gone. 6 month expiration would be... well, silly. Let's try to concentrate on things that will be useful now, rather than something that could clean up the cozy little member count on the main page.

Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 23-10-08 22:18
I agree but i can see the usefulness of future post's depleting soon. At first of course there are alot of ideas but i think the spring has sprung. Someone please surprise me.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 23-10-08 22:26
yours31f wrote:
I agree but i can see the usefulness of future post's depleting soon. At first of course there are alot of ideas but i think the spring has sprung. Someone please surprise me.

Why don't you surprise us? The ideas mentioned here are great, but there are plenty more waiting to be thought up. This place is far from as great as it could be and, instead of encouraging free thought to die, you should be working on such ideas to inspire others to do the same. Otherwise, just don't post... I don't want negativity in a thread about positive change.

Author

clone4

Mad User
Posted on 23-10-08 23:58
yours31f wrote:

Maybe some of us already started to work on realizing some of the aforementioned ideas, and I think a lot more people will invest some time into it, so stop being fckng pesimistic and be happy instead:happy::happy:

[img][/img]img164.imageshack.us/img164/5713/perlvl0.jpg

clone4.freehostia.com/ubuntu_3.png
spyware - "They see me trollin'..."
<yaragn> ever seen that movie? The Matrix?
<yaragn> with those green lines of flying text?
<yaragn> *THAT'S* Perl

clone_4@hotmail.com
Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 24-10-08 05:55
clone4 wrote:
stop being fckng pesimistic and be happy instead:happy::happy:

Haha, I loved the sound of that Grin

Anyway, I think someone has already mentioned this; but it wouldn't hurt if the news on the main page were updated more often. Just grab news from other hacking/computer related RSS flows if you don't have time to write your own - as long as there's SOMETHING new to read every day it'll make the site feel more active Wink

Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 24-10-08 12:41
As far as new's is concerned, I'll try to submit a few articles later.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-10-08 12:59
Uber0n wrote:
Anyway, I think someone has already mentioned this; but it wouldn't hurt if the news on the main page were updated more often. Just grab news from other hacking/computer related RSS flows if you don't have time to write your own - as long as there's SOMETHING new to read every day it'll make the site feel more active Wink

That's definitely a good idea. A lot of the ideas I'm already trying to pitch involve using the "real estate" on the main page more effectively. After all, that's the 5-second test: if a visitor can't find anything of interest in 5 seconds, your tab is getting closed. Smile

Anyways, I'll toss around some ways to make that idea more specific, then see if I can fit it on the list. Once I start getting feedback on what's actually going to happen on the list, I'll start leaking it. No point in getting hopes up about items that may or may not happen.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, I think the space at the top of the main page is just being wasted right now. The "newest feature" is quite old, and we're not likely to see enough of those for the list to be rotated even once. Also, that paragraph at the top is kinda goofy when you have those questionnaire links in the space with the new features and recent challenges. So... let's put something there that will rotate more often. In the place where the paragraph is, let's put the three questionnaire links, side-by-side. Then, in the space where the recent challenges are, let's get rid of "new features" and, on either side of recent challenges, we can put recent articles and recent code bank submissions. If you want to retain "new features", you can put it down there in the corner where the recent articles are right now... condemn your stagnant content to corner Hell, not your active content! Wink

Edited by on 24-10-08 13:05
Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 24-10-08 17:40
Ok, I have submitted a few articles for news that I found interesting. If you want me to do some other ones just let me know.

Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 24-10-08 18:38
Zephyr_Pure wrote:
condemn your stagnant content to corner Hell, not your active content! Wink

*I bow down at your feet* lol

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 24-10-08 18:51
Well, thanks, but it was more to prove a point. I wrote that about 10 minutes after I climbed out of bed this morning. All it took was really just thinking about improvements for the site. It's not like there aren't ideas to be had (as yours31f suggested): it just takes really giving a shit to find them. So, on that note, we'll let the ideas commence. Wink

Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 24-10-08 19:04
Well... I wrote my last post (and this one) after five hours at the pub x) haha

Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 24-10-08 20:26
I had a thought awhile back that would (hopefully) make this site more active. I remember at one time or another that there was team competitions going on. I have a feeling if people could work in groups on some competitions, we might have more people joining in on bigger projects.

Author

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 24-10-08 20:38
Nothing wrong with working alone in competitions though, I actually prefer that instead of team based ones (but of course both can be great fun).

Good that you mentioned it; a new competition would be nice once the most important fixes/new features have been implemented Grin

Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 24-10-08 20:43
I agree that working alone can be fun but, Some people prefer to work in teams. What I am saying though is sometimes working in groups can result in better/bigger projects.

Page 7 of 12 << < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > >>