View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Increasing Security

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: getting caught wifi hacking

Your avatar

Posted on 05-09-08 01:52
lolz,
EDIT: actually Im not gonna write an article on how to do this, I dont want a bunch of skids running around "hacking" wifi's and stealing email accounts...

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-09-08 02:06
Well I appreciate it.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-09-08 02:17
Infam0us wrote:
stdio wrote:
Coder Disaster wrote:
No, cookies and sessions are stored on your computer, but while connected they can see who is connected through the router and block you or more, so be carefull.

session ids and cookies arent stored on the router but they are definitely stored on your computer.

Well believe it or not your cookies are accessible to others on your LAN. If I get into your wireless network and you log into HBH, Gmail, Yahoo, Bank of America, Ebay whatever I can piggy back on that session and be logged into your account also.
As a matter of fact I'm gonna write a thread about how to do this.

EDIT: actually Im not gonna write an article on how to do this, I dont want a bunch of skids running around "hacking" wifi's and stealing email accounts...

Yeah its very easy to hack to hack computers on LAN's. I believe I said GENERALLY they are not tracked on other computers. They are also not tracked in your router. So Im not sure what point you were trying to prove quoting my post.

Edit: actually amusing story. Someone in my neighborhood did hack into my WAP. I actually knew he when he got on, and set up a mitm attack on him, and gathered his email username and password while he was emailing his friends to say how leet he was before I finally kicked him off and sent him an email and some photos of his account. Made my day.

Edited by on 05-09-08 02:24
Author

Infam0us

Apprentice
Posted on 05-09-08 02:32
stdio wrote:
Infam0us wrote:
stdio wrote:
Coder Disaster wrote:
No, cookies and sessions are stored on your computer, but while connected they can see who is connected through the router and block you or more, so be carefull.

session ids and cookies arent stored on the router but they are definitely stored on your computer.

Well believe it or not your cookies are accessible to others on your LAN. If I get into your wireless network and you log into HBH, Gmail, Yahoo, Bank of America, Ebay whatever I can piggy back on that session and be logged into your account also.
As a matter of fact I'm gonna write a thread about how to do this.

Yeah its very easy to hack to hack computers on LAN's. I believe I said GENERALLY they are not tracked on other computers. They are also not tracked in your router. So Im not sure what point you were trying to prove quoting my post.

You are completely right. I wasnt quoting it to prove a point to you, I just saw that as a good time to bring up the idea that just because something is client side doesn't mean it isnt passed over the network and therefore public. I shouldnt have said "believe it or not", that sounded kinda jerk offish. Sorry didnt mean to try and prove you wrong or anything, just wanted to add my 2 cents :happy:

"Never memorize what you can look up in books." -Albert Einstein
www.rohitab.com/discuss/style_emoticons/default/suicide_anim.gif
[img]http://www.hellboundhackers.org/fusion_infusions/buddy_panel/buddy_delete.php?id=2783[/img]

[img]javasc ript:alert(document.cookie);[/img]
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-09-08 02:43
No worries, just curious/grumpy today. =)

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-09-08 03:42
Oh no, its not that I believe that things can be too difficult. I just know that I do not know about the topics so I ask minor questions to gain a very vague idea about such topics. I have no background of hanking really. All I have been doing is learning the information. Not too much but not too little. Just enough to start. Years to come. I actually need to get learning more on XSS because thats how I plan on getting into a network.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-09-08 04:01
chronicburst wrote:
I actually need to get learning more on XSS because thats how I plan on getting into a network.

Umm... wow, you suck. That makes no sense.

Years to come.

That's obvious. Keep at it.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-09-08 04:55
chronicburst wrote:
I actually need to get learning more on XSS because thats how I plan on getting into a network.

Studying XSS for network hacking?
Who the hell gave you that idea?

Is devolution actually taking place in the Homo sapien sapien species?

Edited by on 05-09-08 04:57
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-09-08 04:56
Not a network. Theres a web site. And well I guess XSS is become more popular. Around 23% of the time. But then again, the other like 45% is "unknown."

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-09-08 05:06
My favorite statistic:

50% of people have less then average intelligence.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2