Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: Free Jeremy A.k.a Xec96 (From HTS)

Your avatar

Posted on 06-07-05 08:59
First off, I'm not saying that Jeremy is guilty or innocent, I don't know because I don't know the whole story and I really don't know Jeremy. However, I feel that we don't know the whole story and can't know the whole story as it's an active investigation. We've been presented with a very one sided. I'd like to hear the other side of this (which is unlikely because it's an active investigation).

Just some food for thought.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-07-05 21:03
yeah this sucks.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-07-05 14:44
First off, I'm not saying that Jeremy is guilty or innocent, I don't know because I don't know the whole story and I really don't know Jeremy. However, I feel that we don't know the whole story and can't know the whole story as it's an active investigation. We've been presented with a very one sided. I'd like to hear the other side of this (which is unlikely because it's an active investigation).

Just some food for thought.

The next things are some lines out an article about him (he was a kind of anarchist but didn't do anything wrong to punish him he just offended the feds and stuff sometimes and they just want to kick his ass for that...because he was an activist)

Earlier this summer two FBI agents had contacted Jeremy enquiring about
the speech that he gave at Defcon on electronic civil disobedience. And
for a few months after that, they would contact Jeremy and chat in the
coffee shop, the nature of the conversation was never disclosed to me. The
contact ended a few months prior to this search warrant.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-07-05 17:25
What I find quite funny is all these people that are spamming it with messages such as: "I hope he rots in jail for his crimes" etc. are only helping him as they are adding to the amount of names on the petition, it will be the amount of names on the petition that are handed to the court or wherever the petition is going to be shown.

Also, im quite curious as to why the feds seized his X-Box? Is there some sort of exploit that allows administrator access to .gov webpages that I dont know about or something?! Shock
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-07-05 18:39
well it pretty common to have your XBOX networked with your PC so mabey they though he had stuff stored on the HardDrive. And in some cases I have heard of people modding the XBox with full out mother boards and booting with with Linux and stuff. So you never know.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 11-07-05 16:41
omnipresence wrote:
well it pretty common to have your XBOX networked with your PC so mabey they though he had stuff stored on the HardDrive. And in some cases I have heard of people modding the XBox with full out mother boards and booting with with Linux and stuff. So you never know.

Wow, really?

Thats one way to make me seem like a complete idiot for my previous statement Pfft

I didnt realise that an X-box could be that heavily modded, I thought it was just a standalone console that was created by Microsoft, I didnt know they used the same sorta' technology they use in PCs for them.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 11-07-05 18:44
ya they do. ITs kinda werid to because you can like save stuff from your computer to the Xbox. lol.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 11-07-05 22:41
I've seen people set their Xbox's up as File Servers for themselves they just threw in a bigger HDD but i guess they would want to take all the electronic equipment they probably took his cell as well Also you can get gentoo linux for Xbox

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2