Follow us on Twitter!
The measure of a mans life is not how well he dies, but how well he lives.
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 30
Guests Online: 29
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82905
Newest Member: BLckLIght
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Projects

Author

Forum Voting System

Your avatar

Posted on 15-01-08 21:53
Forum voting system is now up and running, althou there are some ristrictions on who can vote and where:

To be able to vote you have to have some Community Points, posted 30 forum posts and been a member for atleast 30days.

Also for regular users you can only vote in certain forums, Exclusive Members can vote anywhere you want!

To vote you klick either the Red(Hack It) or Green(Secure It) thumb images beside the quote button.

If there are no thumbs then it means you either doesnt have the requirements to vote or the forum doesnt allow voting.

Each vote will give or take 1 Community Point from the poster wich you voted on, Hack It removes one Community Point and Secure It gives one Community Points.

Now people Vote! It's a good way to see if the user brings happiness or sadness to HBH (sorry for my bad choice of words).

Author

RE: Forum Voting System

Uber0n

Hacker Level 3
Posted on 16-01-08 07:43
Great Grin but how many community points does it require?

Edit: Sorry, just found it xD

You have to be registered for minimum of 30 days, have atleast one community point and completed at least some challenges to be able to vote.

img230.imageshack.us/img230/724/uber0nsig3hj6.gif
http://uber0n.web. . .

Edited by Uber0n on 16-01-08 07:51
Nope http://uber0n.webs.com/
Author

Mb0742

Apprentice
Posted on 16-01-08 11:23
How exactly do you get community points? I submitted a piece of news doesn't that count? :xx:

Mb
javascript:alert("hi")
Author

What_A_Legend

Active User
Posted on 16-01-08 12:45
You get CP's for good post's now...Or back a few days ago for either coding for HBH, making challages, Writing articles, and when an admin spotted a really well written insightful post.

i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/Golden_Lemur/legendsig.png

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/7039.png
what_a_l3g3nd@hotmail.com www.wayneshears.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-01-08 14:02
Yeah, you'l get CP for contributing to the community, simple as that Wink

Author

Mb0742

Apprentice
Posted on 16-01-08 15:07
I submitted the nsa backdoor news isn't that worth points? Sad

Mb
javascript:alert("hi")
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 16-01-08 15:17
Great, great job. This will be a foundation for a much bigger thing, the community.

May I suggest to display the given votes PER POST, this way everyone will see what a good post is, and which posts suck. This way, people learn.

Also, what is the limit of voting? One vote per post per user?

I hope this thing will grow.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 16-01-08 23:04
nice idea spyware. I'll ask rootop to get that coded soon so you can see a posts score.

i also suggest if a post has a -50 score then it is automatically "minimized" and you have to click a + button for the post to open up. (like on the FAQ page) This way you avoid quickly seeing flames and makes it easier to ignore useless comments.

what do people think?

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Futility

God
Posted on 16-01-08 23:16
Great idea, Mr_Cheese. I hate it when I'm searching through the forums looking for help, but all I get are the usual flame wars. I'm not saying that going through the forums are too much work for me, but this would be a nice addition.

I just thought of a potential problem with the whole voting idea though. What if people make multiple accounts, vote for themselves to get CP, and then bomb people they don't like? I'm sure you've got that covered, but I thought I might as well mention it in case you didn't.

On a side note, which forums can we (nonmembers) vote in?

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 16-01-08 23:28
Futility wrote:
I just thought of a potential problem with the whole voting idea though. What if people make multiple accounts, vote for themselves to get CP, and then bomb people they don't like?

thats what we mean about it being abused. if it is abused we'll have to rethink the system. currently its not perfect, but we're relying on the honesty system here. this new feature is meant to help people and encourage friendly interaction. we hope it wont be abused. I'm sure the members are kind and mature enough to use the system how its surposed to.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 16-01-08 23:36
what i was thinking is, say two people start flaming each other. so then theyll go through the others' old posts and vote each one down. if there's more than one on each side then the person's community points can dramatically go down just because someone bothered to vote down each of his posts...

Author

Ayr4

Your avatar

Moderate
Posted on 17-01-08 00:04
What about...a time limit on the vote? And btw, its realy hard to get CP because its not often the admins are online. I know some who have given over a 20 realy usefull posts that answered the topic and more, but they stil didnt get any CPFrown But with this new system, users have the chance to give cp, or take cp, so thats good. Btw, does it show WHO that voted? Could be usefull to prevent "hate-voting", where someone vote -1 on all the posts of someone so they get like -CP...

Sorry this post where a bit "humpty-dumpty" but im realy tired :angry:

anbu.sf@hotmail.com
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 20-01-08 16:41
bump

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 20-01-08 16:48
this may sound like a dumb question, but bear with me.

if someone had 30 community points and posted in the forums, and then someone hit the 'hack it' button and subtracted a point, would that person who originally had 30 points no longer be able to vote in the forums becuase they now have only 29?

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 20-01-08 19:51
yaeh thats correct. if you gain CP by a good post, but then loose your CP due to spam and bad psts.. then the right to vote is removed.