Follow us on Twitter!
Society leans ever heavily on computers, if you have the power to take out computers you can take out society. - cubeman372
Friday, April 18, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 26
Guests Online: 25
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82828
Newest Member: uberscon
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Programming

Author

Is it possible to extract text from a program using python

rynagade

Posted on 26-04-13 01:37
I have been working on learning python for several months now and am fairly new to programming. Meanwhile my fiance is taking a typing course but is developing carpal tunnel syndrome. To help out I decided to write a program to help her out. I've gotten it to do the typing and can manually tweak the speed so it's not the same every assignment. I intended on making it read the text from the program (Keychamp 2.0) and input it strait back into it instead of me having to type it up the first time. Using a program I downloaded called Windows Detective I was able to find the handle for the frame that contained the text but don't know enough to know what to do with it. Even though the semester is practically over I would still like to finish it up. Any guidance or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what I have so far: http://pastebin.c. . .

Edited by korg on 26-04-13 02:34
Author

RE: Is it possible to extract text from a program using python

elmiguel

God
Posted on 26-04-13 20:56
This reminds of the old AOL days when I used to make Chat progz and IM punters! LOL, anyway, you need to get the handle the area in the app the holds the text. Once you have that you will be able to read / edit or whatever is possible for that program. I do know that Keychamp2.0 so I cannot test what you have at the moment.

The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next. -Fortune Cookie

I would like to thank a few friends that I have made here that helped me and deserve to be mentioned:
System_Meltdown, Futility, nvrlivenvrdie, Mastergamer, TrueHacker, S1L3NTKn1GhT, Reelix, ynori7, Demons Halo, kryptor

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/24963.png

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/hbh2.png
<script>alert('XSS');</script>
Author

maug2

Posted on 29-04-13 23:50
I had to do a lot of this about a year ago, but I used bash/linux. I think the easiest way to do this would be by piping grep into awk, and outputting that into a text file. Grep the file, and define some delimiters for awk. It's going to be a long one-liner.

Sorry I don't have some sample code at hand. I have some somewhere on some drive, and sometime I'll get around to it.

Wouldn't this kinda defeat the purpose of a typing class? =P Might be best just to stretch/shake your wrists and arms every 15-30 minutes until the carpel tunnel goes away. And stay well hydrated.

tip the cup, feed the fire, and forget about useless fucking hope. - a desolation song, agalloch
Author

elmiguel

God
Posted on 30-04-13 03:15
maug, the program is on a windows machine, Linux won't work here. If you saw the pastebin you would have saw the win32 imports.

The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next. -Fortune Cookie

I would like to thank a few friends that I have made here that helped me and deserve to be mentioned:
System_Meltdown, Futility, nvrlivenvrdie, Mastergamer, TrueHacker, S1L3NTKn1GhT, Reelix, ynori7, Demons Halo, kryptor

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/24963.png

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/hbh2.png
<script>alert('XSS');</script>