Join us on Slack!
Your life is ending one minute at a time. If you were to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
Monday, October 14, 2019
Navigation
Home
 Find:
 Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
 Exploit:
 Programming:
 Think:
 Track:
 Patch:
 Other:
 Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 50
Guests Online: 48
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 118969
Newest Member: robert5732
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Networking

Author

Extract video from sniffing Network Traffic

Coheurt

Posted on 31-07-19 13:34
Hello!

I know that it is possible when I am watching for example a youtube video to sniff my own Internet Traffic with WireShark and extract the video file I am watching from it.

I don't know how WireShark saves that video file but something like .mp4, .mpeg, ...

I want also to extract a video from my sniffed data packages but I don't want to have a video file, I want do have a streamable file which I can stream to another source.

For Example:

I am watching a Live Stream on the Internet, so I will sniff all my traffic, extract the live stream from my data packages and instantly stream that live stream to some other source.

My Question is: Is that possible and if so, what steps/programs/ideas would you recommend to get a solution on that problem?

Maybe forget WireShark and write an own program? If so: Which language?

Thanks in advance and have a greate Day/Night!
Author

RE: Extract video from sniffing Network Traffic

T0pspin

Moderate
Posted on 03-08-19 23:17
I want also to extract a video from my sniffed data packages but I don't want to have a video file, I want do have a streambl .file

To make a locally stored video into a remote stream you would need to host the file yourself.
Is that possible and if so, what steps/programs/ideas would you recommend

You could use a screen recorder or video capture prog on the original stream and then just re-broadcast it,  or get the HTML code and embed it in a webpage then link to that.

Edited by T0pspin on 03-08-19 23:19
Author

RE: Extract video from sniffing Network Traffic

Coheurt

Posted on 08-08-19 20:14
Thanks for your answer.
Screen Capturing is no option for me because I want to restream it on my Server which doesn't have a GPU.
I found a .m38u file and I could use that file to stream it on VLC Player so the next step will be to restream it.