Follow us on Twitter!
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 16
Guests Online: 15
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82876
Newest Member: bhl1986
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Author

Ethical Hacker Course

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 21:13
Im not sure if this should be in General Hacking or not...

Now, I don't know much about it, I've not googled it yet or anything, but I've been told that there is acctually a Cisco coure that you can take called Ethical Hacker, is this true ?? I was wondering if anyone is doing / has done this course ?

Im guessing that an ethical hacker is basically a hacker that hacks with the owners permission to find faults, kinda like a white hat.

All replys appreciated,
AbSoRb

Author

RE: Ethical Hacker Course

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 21:16
Yea I guess this is basically Pen-Testing and insecurity checking.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 21:19
Well, I do know that my current computer teacher used to be a hacker for the Military.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 21:23
A hacker for the military??? Shock lol I wish i had teacher like that! Sound pretty cool compared to my next to useless ICT teacher, who when i pointed to an iframe and asked how to do it, she suggested a table Pfft

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 21:26
Ya, he's really cool. He has taught me alot about network's and how to exploit them. He has also taught me so many things, its unbeleievable. Not so much as hacking but any thing about how things work with computer.(to beginners!! - learn as much as you can about everything from anywhere possible).

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 21:36
Meh white hat hackers are backstabbers...

Author

AldarHawk

Hacker Level 1
Posted on 22-05-06 21:39
What is wrong with Whitehats? I backstab no one Pfft

If you are talking about Tsutomu Shimomura then he did what he could to protect his networks. I would like to know where the bias of yours comes from.

Please further your remarks Watcher. I am no backstabber but if you can prove me wrong please do Smile I love challenges.

And to answer the main question...YES there is an EH course. you can find them online. they are just security vulnerabilities and how to fix them and what have you.

Edited by AldarHawk on 22-05-06 21:40
Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 22:05
Ok.... First of whitehat hackers are the same in the eyes of the Governements. But the governement only hire them because 1. they suck at computering and 2. Hackers only really get on with other hackers. Thus causing them to be fooled into trusting them.

2: White hat hackers backstab other hackers for money and a good rep with the secruity teams out there and what are they doing? the same thing as a normal hacker would do. testing for expoilts and then either exploiting or telling them what they did.

3: There are no such things as white hat hackers, just a figment of the hacking mind. the good side telling the badside what to do.

In my eyes a white hat hack is the bad hat colour because they turned there backs on the real hackers back in the days of the great hacking war's..... it was there own team mates who turned white hat on them and sold them out, thats why i hate white hat hackers. not u thoe aldar hawk i don't think of you as a white hat hacker, only as a web developer and programmer.

If i think of anything else i'll add it

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 22:11
I agree with watcher. I understand if people want to learn how to, but not how to and stop other people who are learning from showing off their skills. It's just a game.
Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 22-05-06 22:17
what a idiot. your generlisations are completely illogical and obsurd.

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 22:29
Mr_Cheese wrote:
what a idiot. your generlisations are completely illogical and obsurd.

i agree, but you dont make your case any better by misspelling words such as absurd

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 22:41
Man.

Think on this:

If you where a really big hacker, would you "hack" every site on the web?

or think in this..

bien; I'm good, I can do money and live without f**** problems dude,
what's better?
Hack and be hacked or improve the sistem? ???

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 22:51
Wow. a fight over which hat colour is better? thats umm...different. The hat colour shouldn't matter. Whether a white hat gets paid or not, it doesn't make them any better or worse of a hacker. A black hat isnt any better or worse either. In fact, ppl labelling eachother over what they hack and why is completely stupid, because when it all comes down to it, no matter what hat colour you are you're still a hacker.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 22-05-06 23:02
yep I believe the hacker and h4x*X0rS ethics belongs to evolution, not to stupidity and wars..

Wanna war?
then go get it.

Edited by on 22-05-06 23:03
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 23-05-06 00:30
Ok, technically while there is no "gray hat" I believe there should be. The idea of good and evil is far too polar. There are maybe a few people who are truly white hats and a few people who are truly black hats. The simple fact is that some people do things to learn and others do them to destroy. Everyone has played both sides at some point. Hackers are hackers, you learn and study the computer. Ethics means that you do things not for the pure and simple fun of destroying whatever you gain access to but to do them so that you can learn how to build a better defense and then you hack it again so you can improve again. Oh, and you don't sell someone out just because you chose to work to protect instead of destroy. You sell someone out when you change sides just because things didn't go your way.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 23-05-06 00:38
Spinman wrote:
Ok, technically while there is no "gray hat" I believe there should be.

Omg really? Shock i always thought grey hats existed!

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 23-05-06 01:11
oh. good. so my world isn't falling apart after all. Smile

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 23-05-06 01:56
Of course grayhat hackers exist. I'm right here!!!
Author

AldarHawk

Hacker Level 1
Posted on 23-05-06 02:21
Hmm...Guess I should read more carefully before posting Pfft

Yes SOME White Hats did do that Watcher but not all. There are White Hats out there that do just what a White Hat is...Secure Networks.

Some did sell out their friends yes. But many did not. A white hat IS different than a black hat. White Hats TEST for vulnerabilities and report them. they do not exploit them (or they would be gray(or grey how ever you want to spell it Pfft) ) A white hat is simply a hacker who looks at how they can make it better rather than using known problems to reduce a site to ashes.

I know what you think of ME personally Watcher but I AM a White Hat Hacker. I know a little programming but my main focus is security. I like to make sure that the people I work for are happy and secure Wink

Edited by AldarHawk on 23-05-06 02:29
Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 23-05-06 03:22
When I said greyhats don't exist I was meaning that you are a white hat until you commit an act that makes you a blackhat and from then on you can never again become a whitehat and that you are from then onward always technically a blackhat trying for redemption if you act as a whitehat. That probably wasn't very clear but in my insanity it's the best I could come up with.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >