Latest Articles

View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: Easy keylogger

Your avatar

Posted on 11-11-07 10:07
Please clean up your quotes in your previous post.

Wiz_rares wrote:
I do not know your reputation around the forum yet

That makes two of us. I'm sure plenty of people here hate me because I don't sugar-coat the truth... but, I don't have time for that. I like to be direct.

This is the method I knew:

Password for the first user created. Boot in safe mode as administrator. Now, I had 2 choices:
1. Remove/Change the pass my mom put
2. Create a new admin account without password for me to use.

Well, really, you have only one choice if you don't want to modify anything in an obvious way. Oh, that would be the second one, as you noted shortly thereafter.

The second method looks good, but when I am finished using the computer I need to delete that account or else it too would show up on the login screen along with the other pass protected account. Got my point?

Not really... you're addressing the problem in a manner that seems to expect complications. Your problem is that you don't want your new admin account to show up on the "Welcome" screen. Solution:

http://www.petri.. . .ows_xp.htm

...Getting fingerprint dust, pulverize it on the keyboard after she has finished using the computer[since she only uses the mouse] then do anagrams with the letters found?

...So, to all the other guys here, thanks for being my [sarcasm]"unwilling/willing tools for destroying the world"[insert evil laugh][/sarcasm]

Okay... all of that was really unnecessary. Spending less time sniffing fingerprint dust and more time addressing your problem logically might've helped you to find an answer on your own, if that is what you were truly looking for.

Don't worry, i don't have that kind of plans, Zephyr, and you will see me around often, I'm not just taking the keylogger and fleeing.

I do honestly hope that people grow with and contribute to the community. However, it is best if those people are not SK's... contrary to what you might believe, also, we do have a number of SK's that haven't "fled", either. There are times that keyloggers do apply to a particular problem... and this is not one of them. Anyways, it's very rare that someone will actually need to use a keylogger on their own computer; usually, there is a better solution (like the one above).

Author

reaper4334

Moderate
Posted on 11-11-07 11:19
Okay, I haven't raed the whole thread... just the first 3 or so... but... you may aswell just log onto the Administrator account in Safe Mode... then create a new account... (you knew this anyway) but, instead of deleting the account change the value in the system registry which will make the account invisible. You can then log onto it by pressing CTRL+ATL+DEL at the login Screen, typing its name and password...

I think that'd be the easiest thing to do..

Reaper

i129.photobucket.com/albums/p210/reaper4334/reaper.png

www.catb.org/hacker-emblem/glider.png
reaper4334@hotmail.co.uk http://reaper4334.freehostia.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 11-11-07 15:33
reaper4334 wrote:
Okay, I haven't raed the whole thread... just the first 3 or so... but... you may aswell just log onto the Administrator account in Safe Mode... then create a new account... (you knew this anyway) but, instead of deleting the account change the value in the system registry which will make the account invisible. You can then log onto it by pressing CTRL+ATL+DEL at the login Screen, typing its name and password...

I think that'd be the easiest thing to do..

Reaper

Thanks for paraphrasing my latest post and the link I provided. Next time, instead of reading "the first 3 or so", try reading the last one. Pfft

Author

reaper4334

Moderate
Posted on 11-11-07 15:48
Zephyr_Pure wrote:
Thanks for paraphrasing my latest post and the link I provided. Next time, instead of reading "the first 3 or so", try reading the last one. Pfft

That just proves that it's a better idea if we both suggested it. You should feel special.

Reaper

i129.photobucket.com/albums/p210/reaper4334/reaper.png

www.catb.org/hacker-emblem/glider.png
reaper4334@hotmail.co.uk http://reaper4334.freehostia.com
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 11-11-07 16:00
Yeah, locking this thread now. The TS got his help, right? Right.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2