Follow us on Twitter!
It is never to LATE to become what you never WERE.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 20
Guests Online: 19
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82885
Newest Member: ConiBE
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | General | Introductions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author

Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 15:09
Hello everyone. I just wanted to take a second to say hi to everyone in this community and introduce myself as well as list some goals I hope to reach with the help of HBH and all of you.

I am a computer science major in college finishing up my senior year. When I graduate I plan on going into government work in the fields of anti-terrorism, cyber-security, or cyber-intelligence. Currently my main strength is programming but I have had some practice in hacking and computer defense, both in class and on hackthissite.org (although let me say, I've only been here a day and this site is much better).

I am proficient in:
-PHP
-C/C#/C++
-Java
-HTML

My HBH goals:
-Develop a more indepth knowledge of hacking methods and how to protect against them.
-Get a hands on approach.
-Realistic applications: theory is one thing, but most things they teach us in class are outdated and would no longer work for hacking
-Meet some people who have a devoted interest to computer security that care to share their knowledge with me

So on a final note, I finished the first 20 Basic missions yesterday relatively easy and I can't wait to keep trekking through them today. Feel free to add me on msn if you care to talk. I added a few of you top guys yesterday and I hope to pick your brain for some knowledge.
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 07-04-09 15:15
I am proficient in:
-PHP
-C/C#/C++
-Java
-HTML


No you aren't.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 07-04-09 15:18
spyware wrote:
No you aren't.

Do you have some background information we don't, or are you just using your magical psychic powers again?


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 15:21
I'm guessing that spyware's definition of proficient is different than the OP.


Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 15:25
spyware wrote:
I am proficient in:
-PHP
-C/C#/C++
-Java
-HTML


No you aren't.


Proficient from Dictionary.com
adjective
1. well-advanced or competent in any art, science, or subject; skilled:

I prefer the word skilled myself, proficient just makes it sound more appealing. I try to avoid the word expert because there is always more to learn and always someone who knows more. Thanks for the first post pessimism though.

Edited by on 07-04-09 18:52
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 16:37
Anyway, welcome to HBH Dynamis Smile


Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 17:08
Welcome to HBH. Personally I'm finishing up my first year studying computer science. Smile


Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro

yours31f
Member



Posts: 1678
Location: Dallas Texas
Joined: 27.04.07
Rank:
Elite
Posted on 07-04-09 17:16
@OP: What all do you know in C++? And welcome to HBH.


Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.


img259.imageshack.us/img259/3713/sigr.png

yours31f@live.com yours31f@yahoo.com rpwd.info
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 17:32
If your good with those languages, can you show something then?
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro

clone4
Member



Posts: 586
Location: He is back and he's bad!
Joined: 25.11.07
Rank:
Mad User
Posted on 07-04-09 18:03
Firstly welcome in here. And secondly yes even I would appreciate some examples of your work, which would also put end to this rather pointless argumentSmile


[img][/img]img164.imageshack.us/img164/5713/perlvl0.jpg

clone4.freehostia.com/ubuntu_3.png
spyware - "They see me trollin'..."
<yaragn> ever seen that movie? The Matrix?
<yaragn> with those green lines of flying text?
<yaragn> *THAT'S* Perl

clone_4@hotmail.com
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 07-04-09 18:23
The Freak wrote:
I gotta say, I most highly doubt you are skilled in all of those languages.

I can believe it. I'm only a sophomore in college, and I've already had classes in 4 different languages (I wish they'd just pick one and stick with it). He didn't say he was an expert in any of them, just proficient (i.e. competent). I'm "proficient" in 5 languages, but I'd say I'm "skilled" in two of those.

Anyway, welcome to HBH.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 18:25
Wow. What is with all of this hostility? Holy cow. I did mention I'm a computer science major and I have been programming for 8+ years. I mean, I've had to write programs every day for the last 4 years in college alone what I do on my free time. I'm not trying to brag, because as I said I am no expert, but I have written 100's of programs in all of those languages. So I do consider myself to be skilled in those languages.

I'm sure there are other software engineers on here that would most likely agree with me that once you learn how to program well, programming in any language is only as difficult as learning the syntax. Ruby on rails on the other hand, blah, I encountered that last summer in an internship and wanted to shoot myself. No RoR for me.

As for examples, I'll upload some later today and post links once I have them uploaded.
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro

ynori7
Member



Posts: 1486
Location: #valhalla
Joined: 08.10.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 07-04-09 18:30
Dynamis wrote:
I'm sure there are other software engineers on here that would most likely agree with me that once you learn how to program well, programming in any language is only as difficult as learning the syntax.

I agree completely (aside from occasional exceptions)


As for examples, I'll upload some later today and post links once I have them uploaded.

Put them in the code bank. We can always use more code in there.


halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 07-04-09 20:48
Hang on, Dynamis, how did you find out about HBH?



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 20:56
Dynamis wrote:
I'm sure there are other software engineers on here that would most likely agree with me that once you learn how to program well, programming in any language is only as difficult as learning the syntax.


I'm a Software Engineer, i agree with you except one thing... writing 100 programs for every language is not enough to define yourself a Skilled Coder... you can write 10000 hello world scripts in every programming language in one hour if you want, so 100 is just a number without any meaning, if you understand what i mean...
Anyway have a nice stay here.


Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 20:58
spyware wrote:
Hang on, Dynamis, how did you find out about HBH?


A kid in my security class has been talking about it the past few weeks so I figured I'd check it out.
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 07-04-09 21:08
Dynamis wrote:
A kid in my security class has been talking about it the past few weeks so I figured I'd check it out.


Ah, not the reference I was hoping for, too bad. Anyway, I hope you can forgive my initial skepticism. You will learn quickly that while dwelling the inner depths of these rotten caves, your mind will start playing eerie tricks on you. For example, look at Moshbat.

While I disagree with your stance on syntactic compatibility (you program with logic, not syntax), I wholeheartedly welcome you to HBH.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 21:13
spyware wrote:
While I disagree with your stance on syntactic compatibility (you program with logic, not syntax), I wholeheartedly welcome you to HBH.


No, that is exactly what I was stating. Once you understand the logic of programming, learning a new language is as simple as finding the correct syntax to put your desired logic into the specified language. Maybe I typed it wrong the first time, but that is what I was saying.
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro

spyware
Member



Posts: 4192
Location:
Joined: 14.04.07
Rank:
God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 07-04-09 21:31
Dynamis wrote:
No, that is exactly what I was stating. Once you understand the logic of programming, learning a new language is as simple as finding the correct syntax to put your desired logic into the specified language. Maybe I typed it wrong the first time, but that is what I was saying.


The way I interpreted what you said was "the only thing that differs between languages is the syntax", I disagree with this. Every language has her own strengths and weaknesses, oddities and behavior.



img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

RE: Dynamis - Intro


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-04-09 21:45
spyware wrote:
Dynamis wrote:
No, that is exactly what I was stating. Once you understand the logic of programming, learning a new language is as simple as finding the correct syntax to put your desired logic into the specified language. Maybe I typed it wrong the first time, but that is what I was saying.


The way I interpreted what you said was "the only thing that differs between languages is the syntax", I disagree with this. Every language has her own strengths and weaknesses, oddities and behavior.


However, the more languages you know, the faster you learn new ones. Even though there are some differences between languages, the basics are the same in all languages.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 >