Follow us on Twitter!
Few are those who can see with their own eyes and hear with their own hearts. - Albert Einstein
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 15
Guests Online: 14
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82822
Newest Member: TheBunter
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Questions

Author

Cookies???

Your avatar

Posted on 25-02-09 08:54
I recently got interested in seeing the cookies of HBH and I noted it down...later..I logged off and cleared all my cookies and created each cookie manually(all done using JavaScript)......to my surprise...I got logged on...
1.)is this usual(please don't flame..I'm new to all this).......or is there some fault in the system authentication unit???
2.)If this is so..cant we just try and get the potential parameters(again..I'm new to all this)...and attempt to hijack HBH cookies???

*I have been thinking about this for some time(5 hours approx)....I'm sorry if this is real stupid...as I have told before...I'm new to hacking and (after all...this is a hacking site..I don't expect it to be hacked open so easily)

Author

RE: Cookies???

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 25-02-09 12:02
You may want to read this. I think it will interest you because it answers your questions (In great detail) and goes beyond.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie

Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.

img259.imageshack.us/img259/3713/sigr.png

yours31f@live.com yours31f@yahoo.com rpwd.info
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 25-02-09 15:55
No, it's not a flaw because the cookies are tied to your IP address.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

K3174N 420

Hacker Level 1
Warn Level: 69
Posted on 25-02-09 19:26
Omg... You deleted and replaced your cookies with identical ones... And it worked?!!! Omg...

Thanks Yours31f!
img114.imageshack.us/img114/1497/keiran420cy2.jpg
Make poverty history... Cheaper drugs now! - Frank gallagher
[small][center]Einstein climbs to the top of Mt. Sinai to get close enough to talk to God.
Looking up, he asks the Lord...
"God, what does a million years mean to you?"
The Lord replies, "A minute."
"Einstein asks, "And what does a million pounds mean to you?"
The Lord replies, "A penny."
Einste
http://keiran420.ueuo.com/
Author

RE: hmmm....

Your avatar

Posted on 26-02-09 10:33
I did study into the topic...I read into it as soon as I faced a challenge featuring cookies(Don't remember whether it was in HTS,HBH or Hack Quest)(and that was last year).

However I expected that the Website would delete cookies as soon as the user logged off(its mentioned in Wikipedia)(I tried that too..it worked..the cookie is valid even after the user logs off).

Instead I find that the IP address is tagged here.Meaning physical access to the comp. or one in its network(if used as a proxy) could enable me to steal cookies and use them for logging on.
while I realize that physical access is not that easily acquired...Its still a vulnerability(Mostly on public computers...but a keylogger would be more effective there)

Author

4rm4g3dd0n

Active User
Posted on 26-02-09 15:52
Expires Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:50:12 GMT

a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285477_168984629836698_100001754862141_374762_5098511_n.jpg
All I Know Is That I Don't Know Nothing .... Operation Ivy

c:/users