Follow us on Twitter!
Ideas are far more powerful than guns.
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 38
Guests Online: 35
Members Online: 3

Registered Members: 82815
Newest Member: medjiking
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | General Computer Problems

Author

command promt error HelP!


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-07-08 00:14
im getting an error with my command box
everytime i try and run a perl or python script it automatically closes the cmd
is there a possibility that windows is doing this? the apps im running arent exactly considered "good" for the community
running the standard cmd doesnt seem to affect it, only running the certain perl and python programs, any help/ideas would be much appreciated
Author

RE: command promt error HelP!


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-07-08 00:27
I'm pretty sure that if your scripts don't require user interaction, that once they are done executing, they will close.


Author

RE: command promt error HelP!


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-07-08 00:40
Feralas wrote:
I'm pretty sure that if your scripts don't require user interaction, that once they are done executing, they will close.


Lol, idiot.

@OP: Open the scripts from your command prompt instead of double clicking them.


Author

RE: command promt error HelP!

Futility
Member



Posts: 725
Location: USA
Joined: 17.12.07
Rank:
God
Posted on 07-07-08 01:41
Now I'm still a novice, but I've been working on learning Python, and I'm pretty sure Feralas might have a point. By adding a raw_input at the end of the program, it will 'pause' it until you hit enter, or anything else, giving you enough time to see what the program does.

Now I'm not condoning double clicking the icons (running them through the command prompt is far superior, in my opinion), I just was excited that I knew something and decided to share it. It's a fun fact, if you will.




i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

RE: command promt error HelP!


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-07-08 01:49
Futility wrote:
Now I'm still a novice, but I've been working on learning Python, and I'm pretty sure Feralas might have a point. By adding a raw_input at the end of the program, it will 'pause' it until you hit enter, or anything else, giving you enough time to see what the program does.

Now I'm not condoning double clicking the icons (running them through the command prompt is far superior, in my opinion), I just was excited that I knew something and decided to share it. It's a fun fact, if you will.



Heh. Bad habit is bad. Trust me, don't add a pause at the end of your programs.


Author

RE: command promt error HelP!


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-07-08 02:53
alright thanks guysSmile
i ran it inside cmd and it works now
Author

RE: command promt error HelP!


Member

Your avatar

Posts:
Location:
Joined: 01.01.70
Rank:
Guest
Posted on 07-07-08 02:53
raymo39 wrote:
alright thanks guysSmile
i ran it inside cmd and it works now


What script are you running and where did you download it?


Author

RE: command promt error HelP!

fashizzlepop
Member



Posts: 482
Location: Old folks home.
Joined: 08.04.08
Rank:
Moderate
Posted on 07-07-08 03:05
Careful Spyware. You might not want to help unleash the power of a script a skiddie can find!


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
~Albert Einstein~


csullivan.codeinspire.net/images/boomsig2.png
fashizzlepop@gmail.com http://csullivan.codeinspire.net/