Follow us on Twitter!
It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked. - Bj Palmer
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 23
Guests Online: 20
Members Online: 3

Registered Members: 82838
Newest Member: w1zarrd
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Networking

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: CISCO ROUTING

Your avatar

Posted on 20-06-08 02:44
This thread is not worth responding to. regedit please go learn some more about network infrastructure before you try to confi....well whatever you were trying to accomplish.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 20-06-08 02:47
well telnet wount work, so that i could telnet over to the router and see if i could add three new ip's to the network.

so i would need the procedures to connect a compter onto the internet

Author

Durty1425

Posted on 20-06-08 02:48
xD I agree. I don't understand what you're trying to do. If you still want help, PM me.

Just a lazy Perl programmer. Hmm... Is that statement redundant?
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 20-06-08 02:58
lets say u have a cmoputer that you want to connect to a cisco router, how will you do it.

what steps yould you take? as far as the commands go.

Author

Durty1425

Posted on 20-06-08 03:04
regedit wrote:
lets say u have a cmoputer that you want to connect to a cisco router, how will you do it.

what steps yould you take? as far as the commands go.

Either telnet or console.

Just a lazy Perl programmer. Hmm... Is that statement redundant?

Edited by Durty1425 on 20-06-08 03:05
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 26-06-08 02:32
well now im kool wit my network at work. i can do basic things now.. like, add static ip's and open switch ports.

BUT NOW I BROUGH A CISCO 800 ROUTER AND I connected my computer stright into the router's console, now with TELNET, how the HELL BOUND do i log into my router?

i know that ipconfig will not help me cuz it shows nothing, i would like to learn how to log into the router? i thought the defult config would be telnet 192.168.0.1 for the roter, but it is not picking it up!!

HOW CAN I LOG to the router

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-06-08 04:13
If you are physically connected to the router, the best way would be through a console. Once in console open Hyper terminal and set the com port the the port you are using. Set bits per second to 9600. and connect.

You should see a white screen. Hit the enter button and you should see some output from the router, normally loading the flash. once it is done booting log into the router using the command enable, and enter the password you have set up. Default passwords for cisco routers are nothing, or the word cisco.

Once you have entered the password you will be in privileged mode and can execute commands. basic commands to try would be show ip, or show interface.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-10-08 10:50
If your still interested how about taking a quick look at this:

http://www.opennet.ru/soft/cisco-configuration.html

Hope this Helps,

If you need more help I could write a little tutorial on how to initially set up a Cisco router, it is not very difficult really.

Relentless.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-10-08 12:40
Nice link. Oh, and since this got bumped, anyways... the magic word that everyone was looking for (instead of "hyperterm","telnet", etc.) was "rollover cable". Without a rollover cable, you can't get into the console port. If you can't do that, you can't allow access to your vty's... which are what would give you access via telnet.

Would be good to see at least a couple Cisco IOS articles here... Very pleasant subject.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-10-08 19:44
You Need a rollover cable and hyperterminal to be able to setup the telnet services in the first place, then you can access telnet over the Aux port or one of the network ports.

Peace.

Relentless.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-10-08 20:02
Zephyr_Pure wrote:
the magic word that everyone was looking for (instead of "hyperterm","telnet", etc.) was "rollover cable". Without a rollover cable, you can't get into the console port. If you can't do that, you can't allow access to your vty's... which are what would give you access via telnet.

R3l3ntl3ss wrote:
You Need a rollover cable and hyperterminal to be able to setup the telnet services in the first place, then you can access telnet over the Aux port or one of the network ports.

... Isn't that what I just said? :angry:

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-10-08 20:20
Haha, sorry im at work, i just read that you need a rollover to get access to your vtys.

Sorry Sad
:xx:

Relentless.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-10-08 20:22
No worries. At work, too. Smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2