Follow us on Twitter!
It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked. - Bj Palmer
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 22
Guests Online: 20
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 82807
Newest Member: Black Hawk
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

Circuits and Electronics

KvK

Apprentice
Posted on 20-03-09 03:10
After viewing this, I came up with the idea of using these type of problems as challenges in a new challenge category. This category would similarly be named "Circuits and Electronics".

This would help the HBH community grasp an understanding of electronics circuitry, which IMO is a key aspect to hardware hacking. Now personally, I have now idea how to do this stuff, but it would be great if I had a place to learn gradually, and test my success in the subject.

As I've already stated, I think this is a great idea, but what does everyone else think?

Edited by KvK on 20-03-09 03:15
Author

RE: Circuits and Electronics

ynori7

God
Posted on 20-03-09 03:43
There's really no valuable challenges that could be made in that category. You can find tons of circuits problems online with walkthoughs and solutions. Plus, the type of stuff I think you have in mind is very basic, and not particularly applicable to any realistic type of hacking (without a great deal of additional knowledge).

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

p4plus2

Your avatar

Posted on 20-03-09 03:56
Though a nice idea, I don't think it would have a large beneficial effect and would just take up space. However, what about a time challenge that will produce a random circuit image and the program would have to identify it? That may hold slightly more beneficial effect, having users build image recognition software would help in the "hacking captcha" field a bit.
p4plus2@hotmail.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 20-03-09 16:52
If not make our own challenges for it we should at least have a section on it even if its just linking to other sites' articles and such

Author

KvK

Apprentice
Posted on 20-03-09 17:09
Thanks for all of the replies. I understand where all of you are coming from, in that there is no challenge in circuitry problems. I also understand that there are several other places to learn about this stuff. As for ideas for the site in general, I'll keep thinking until I come up with one that is good enough to be implemented.
:happy:

Author

AldarHawk

Hacker Level 1
Posted on 21-03-09 17:13
I did some work like this one. Perhaps having circuit drawings and have the participants make the circuits use the least amount of wire by removing and shortening lines, this can be handled like the logical questions. I like this idea as it brings in a new aspect of "Hacking" to this siteSmile

Just ask Yahoo!Taboo! http://www.erikwestlake.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 27-03-09 20:40
I don't want to grave-dig this up after 5 days, but oh well. Why not a circuit challenge involving logic gates? Those would probably apply the most to the hacking of circuitry, following microcontrollers. Just a thought!

Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 27-03-09 23:37
brandonman wrote:
I don't want to grave-dig this up after 5 days, but oh well. Why not a circuit challenge involving logic gates? Those would probably apply the most to the hacking of circuitry, following microcontrollers. Just a thought!

You're posting this on a hacking forum. We expect people to understand simple logic gates.

They are part of everyday programming and thus, everyday hacking.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
“Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?” - Ebert
[/s
http://bitsofspy.net
Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 28-03-09 00:57
Want to play with circuits:
http://www.flashr. . .t-Game.htm
There you go!

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R