Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

Changing The Look

DCs

Your avatar

Posted on 12-01-09 19:08
Hey everyone... How about changing the look of hellboundhackers? It's just a suggestion. I think it would be cool WinkB)

I also think it would be cool to explain exactly what I mean.
And it would be pretty nice if I could use full words all of the time.

THIS IS WAT FUSION BECOMES TRUTH

Edited by on 12-01-09 19:14
Author

RE: Changing The Look

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 12-01-09 19:20
What does the current layout lack? HBH is not going to change it's layout for kicks 'n giggles, there has to be reasoning behind it.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 12-01-09 19:43
there will be new themes coming soon since we had a theme competition and i have a few submissions to upload over the course of the week.

themes just change graphics and colour changes... but why would we want any other changes?

obviously the layout isnt going to change as the layout is carefully thought out for usability and cant really go any other way.
http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 12-01-09 20:01
Usually really popular websites don't just change theme; They change the look like buttons n' shit, but not a theme altogether. I agree, something new would be nice but I don't think the whole theme should be redone (meaning colors mostly).
Author

spyware

God
Posted on 12-01-09 20:12
I have but one humble request though. Collapsible menus on the left. Please?

[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

spyware

God
Posted on 12-01-09 20:26
moshbat wrote:You going to volunteer to make it? Pfft

Nope.

[small]
- Carl Sagan
Author

spyware

God
Posted on 12-01-09 21:36
-cL wrote:
Nevermind. Orders from god telling me not to. -_-

A god, you say? No capital? You defy him!

Cheese, why not?

[small]
- Carl Sagan
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 13-01-09 00:57
Oh, alright... I'll GreaseMonkey up a script to do it and post it in the Code Bank later this week. Got some other stuff to take care of.

As for the new layout / look / whatever, I partially agree... in that I find myself scrolling down constantly to see what really matters to me. Articles shouldn't be tucked in corner hell. Code Bank shouldn't just be a single link... it should have highlights at the top. Shoutbox is more important to me than pretty much everything else on the right side, profile and such could be tucked in the header. Forum posts should take up less than 50% of my viewable area; just because they are the most noticed aspect of the site doesn't mean they would be if they weren't the most glaring feature on the home page.

I'd cook up a new layout, but I know it will get shot down, so there's no point.

Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 13-01-09 01:58
Zephyr_Pure wrote:
As for the new layout / look / whatever, I partially agree... in that I find myself scrolling down constantly to see what really matters to me. Articles shouldn't be tucked in corner hell. Code Bank shouldn't just be a single link... it should have highlights at the top. Shoutbox is more important to me than pretty much everything else on the right side, profile and such could be tucked in the header. Forum posts should take up less than 50% of my viewable area; just because they are the most noticed aspect of the site doesn't mean they would be if they weren't the most glaring feature on the home page.

I agree. Personally, I think a layout similar to darkmindz would be most efficient. That site has recent posts, articles, and codes right on the main page where it's convenient.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

spyware

God
Posted on 13-01-09 08:19
ynori7 wrote:I agree. Personally, I think a layout similar to darkmindz would be most efficient. That site has recent posts, articles, and codes right on the main page where it's convenient.

Darkmindz, or any other site out there? Think about it...

[small]
- Carl Sagan
Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 14-01-09 00:10
in terms of adding more relavent up-to-date content to the homepage. this is being addressed in a big hbh upgrade that will be happening over within a month or two.

things that will be featured on the homepage include:
- latest articles
- latest challenges
- latest member to complete a challenge
- top 5 ranked members
- latest code
- latest news
- latest HoF

The homepage will not be completely "community/portal", as not to put off new members, but it will focus more on site updates and recent additions than it currently does.

i will also over the course of this week and next be uploading themes from the latest competition and announcing the winner.
http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

DCs

Your avatar

Posted on 14-01-09 03:06
Yeah. i was thinking of not just the theme but the whole layout.. I think we all can help here right ? its worth spending some time HBH by its members also Wink there are some difficulties i also face. Like every time i login it directs me to homepage. Also the homepage having links rather than summaries. i think Home / News should be seperated to Home, News and home page should contain not just the links but some data also.

like the latest features and latest challengers and stuff. latest Articles and stuff like that

THIS IS WAT FUSION BECOMES TRUTH
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 14-01-09 03:16
DCs wrote:
Yeah. i was thinking of not just the theme but the whole layout.. I think we all can help here right ? its worth spending some time HBH by its members also Wink there are some difficulties i also face. Like every time i login it directs me to homepage. Also the homepage having links rather than summaries. i think Home / News should be seperated to Home, News and home page should contain not just the links but some data also.

like the latest features and latest challengers and stuff. latest Articles and stuff like that

I no have idea you what are a-talking bout.

Less excitement, more detail.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 14-01-09 05:15
im sure this was already mentioned but, i like the way the layout is, perfectly organized easy to find stuff. but mabe some more themes with differnt colors?? instead of just green ones or bright sky blue ones.
just a suggestion.

Author

Futility

God
Posted on 14-01-09 05:20
New themes are coming out. There's a theme competition where people just went and changed colors around to their liking. Cheese already mentioned he's going to be announcing a winner and uploading them soon.

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 14-01-09 05:24
oh ok sweet, then nvm for my post Pfft

Edited by on 14-01-09 05:29
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 14-01-09 06:27
Beside from a new layout, what do you guys think HBH lacks at the moment?

Reply with details, and... ehm.. Yeah, Details!

Author

Mb0742

Apprentice
Posted on 14-01-09 11:23
Rooting? Hbh needs more rooting articles but that is not what you were asking, was it?

Mb
javascript:alert("hi")