Follow us on Twitter!
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before. - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 29
Guests Online: 28
Members Online: 1

Registered Members: 82831
Newest Member: FL4SHC0D3R
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Bugs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: can't vote, mate

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 25-03-10 03:05
techb wrote:
I think it should stay the way it is. The amount you post reflects how much you are involved in the community. People who just sign up to get into the code bank, or to have a question answered shouldn't be allowed to vote. Personally I joined for the code bank, but once I started reading the threads, I became more interested in the community it self, making me a regular member. And only regular members I feel should be the only ones allowed to vote in community polls.

We're not discussing removing the requirement for forum posts.... Have you even read the thread?

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 25-03-10 04:01
Yeah I read it. I thought we were discussing the requirement to have so many posts before being able to vote in polls. Not to post in/start threads.

www.userbars.com/74460/665255/337-7865-ubda3219.gif
kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 25-03-10 04:11
Okay, it's my birthday today so I'm not going to try to not be a asshole about this...
We're talking about CP (Community Points), those are points you get for creating articles or having people vote the green thumbs up on your posts. At the moment, to be able to vote you need:

1. At least a certain amount of forum posts: 30 (or 50, not sure)
2. At least a certain amount of CP: 1

We're discussing getting rid of the CP requirement, nobody has even considered or mentioned getting rid of the forum posts requirement.

On track now?

More on topic, though, how about we at least change the "can't vote, mate" to a more descriptive message. At least just a link to the a FAQ explaining what they need, because the current message really sounds like the voting system is just fucked and the user should go start a thread in the bugs section, pissing everyone off.

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .

Edited by stealth- on 25-03-10 04:19
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 25-03-10 04:57
Yeah I get it now. Thanks, and sorry I was Duh Dee Ta Dee.

Happy birthday dude. Hope yours was better than mine.

www.userbars.com/74460/665255/337-7865-ubda3219.gif
kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

stranac

God
Posted on 25-03-10 10:06
stealth- wrote:
More on topic, though, how about we at least change the "can't vote, mate" to a more descriptive message. At least just a link to the a FAQ explaining what they need.

This sounds like a good idea, considering how many people ask about it.

Removing the CP requirement would also be nice, cause I know I never clicked one of those hand thingies, and that's probably the case with most of the other people here.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2