Newest Member: ConiBE
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Author

Cain and Abel Network Cracking

Your avatar

Posted on 21-05-11 08:43
I just downloaded Cain and Abel yesterday and for about the past eight hours, I have been searching google, forums, and youtube for how to work this program. In order to access a WEP network, do I need that USB card for the airpcap? When I search for wireless networks, nothing comes up under the packets or unique WEP IV's tabs and I cannot access the options on the left side of the screen under the "wireless" tab. Is this the only way to crack WEP passwords with Cain? Thanks in advance.
Author

RE: Cain and Abel Network Cracking

Your avatar

Posted on 21-05-11 09:32
You're a cunt. I have used other programs and learned about how to do it in the first place. I decided to try to use Cain now. There are more people in these forums that make fun of people for asking questions than answering them. People like use are useless.
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 21-05-11 10:45
goPlayYourGuitar wrote:
You're a cunt. I have used other programs and learned about how to do it in the first place. I decided to try to use Cain now. There are more people in these forums that make fun of people for asking questions than answering them. People like use are useless.

People like him have a point, no matter how rude. If you understand how it's done, then you don't need Cain or other spoon fed programs. You could code something yourself to catch the IV's and crack the key yourself.

www.userbars.com/74460/665255/337-7865-ubda3219.gif
kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 21-05-11 16:02
How to crack WEP the easy way

Download BackTrack5
http://www.backtrack-linux.org/

Type wesside-ng -i interface

Wait a minute, done. This is not skiddie at all.

Also; The almighty Chet has stated that some wireless cards are having issues with wesside-ng due to its pure awesomeness.
Therefore you might have to set retransmit with the -k flag.

Edited by on 21-05-11 16:34
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 21-05-11 19:53
Haha, thanks MoshBat, I appreciate it. I'm sorry I was rude too. I was quite frustrated when I replied to your post. But thanks guys for the direction. It seems the more you learn about this stuff, the more there is to learn.
Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 22-05-11 13:41
http://www.securitytube.net/groups?operation=view&groupId=9

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 25-05-11 02:37
MolesteD_ wrote:
How to crack WEP the easy way

Download BackTrack5
http://www.backtrack-linux.org/

Type wesside-ng -i interface

Wait a minute, done. This is not skiddie at all.

Also; The almighty Chet has stated that some wireless cards are having issues with wesside-ng due to its pure awesomeness.
Therefore you might have to set retransmit with the -k flag.

Sooo.... a tool that automatically and nicely packages the already ridiculously simple method of Wifi cracking into a single command, without requiring any knowledge of what you are actually doing, how it works, or even a basic understanding of the concept behind it?

And, that's not skiddie how...?

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 25-05-11 16:47
stealth- wrote:Sooo.... a tool that automatically and nicely packages the already ridiculously simple method of Wifi cracking into a single command, without requiring any knowledge of what you are actually doing, how it works, or even a basic understanding of the concept behind it?

And, that's not skiddie how...?

The creator of this thread obviously doesn't like to be called a skiddie. So, let's just say wesside-ng requires a huge amount of skill.