Follow us on Twitter!
Your life is ending one minute at a time. If you were to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 23
Guests Online: 19
Members Online: 4

Registered Members: 82811
Newest Member: IsaiahBowman
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Hacking in general

Author

Bypass Router Password Prompt..

Your avatar

Posted on 07-09-08 11:14
I have lost my username and password to my home router.I have search in the internet and the only way to do it is to do a hard reset on the router.But,i do not want to do a hard reset because there are important setting in the router.Does anybody know how to bypass the password prompt?Please help...Thanks a lot...
Author

RE: Bypass Router Password Prompt..

Your avatar

Posted on 07-09-08 11:22
moshbat wrote:
If we did, we wouldn't be able to tell you. Something important that you're missing.

Sorry Moshbat,i am totally new here.Can i know what do u mean by "something important that you're missing"??Thanks..
Author

Mr_Cheese

Uber Elite
Posted on 07-09-08 11:29
get a local server setup, (XAMP / easyPHP / etc) and quickly code a php brute forcer.

obvioulsy that willl only work if you can vaguely remember your username and the password was a word.
http://www.hellboundhackers.org/
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 07-09-08 11:34
Mr_Cheese wrote:
get a local server setup, (XAMP / easyPHP / etc) and quickly code a php brute forcer.

obvioulsy that willl only work if you can vaguely remember your username and the password was a word.

Thanks Mr Cheese,if i totally forget the username and password?That mean i really need to do a hard reset?
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 07-09-08 11:50
Don't some routers have a telnet server with a (possibly) different username/password than the standard control panel login? Just a thought.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 07-09-08 12:06
Yeah, it's pretty simple: either you crack your forgotten password, or you do a hard reset and redo the settings on your router. Good idea about checking for the possible Telnet server, mg.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 07-09-08 12:07
moshbat wrote:
ohytheng wrote:
Mr_Cheese wrote:

Thanks Mr Cheese,if i totally forget the username and password?That mean i really need to do a hard reset?

Unless you are willing to wait for HOURS for a bruteforcer to strike lucky...

You could take the same bruteforcer, give it a different range to scan, and use it 20 times with 20 ranges, then you will crack it 20 times faster (theoretically).
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 07-09-08 12:23
moshbat wrote:
Yes, but in theory, the world could end next week.

Ahh, crap... No, he didn't just say that, all you fanatical Sun readers. Ugh.

... And, yes, THC-Hydra can thread its brute force attempts. It also can attack HTTP basic auth, IIRC.

Edited by on 07-09-08 12:24
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 07-09-08 12:39
moshbat wrote:
That was merely pointing out that theories are often wrong.

Yeah, I know. I just had flashbacks to that thread with 40+ useless posts about the Sun story.

Anyways, if it was my router and... well, if I decided it was worth cracking my pass instead of just doing a hard reset, I'd just disconnect the outside line of the router (habit) and start a brute before I go to bed. I had to do something similar for a router that I inherited at my last job.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 07-09-08 17:00
I agree that the sun thread is pointless-ish. Because the world isn't going to end. But thanks for your concern.
Like they said hard reset, pain in the ass but w/e, moves things on. cracking could take "hours".
Pending on how many passwords you load into a dictionary file or how many characters you add into your bruteforcer.
In my opinion, I suggest you do a hard reset and then go through the configuration all over again and make sure it is how you want it. As for blacklists and such... Too bad.