Follow us on Twitter!
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 25
Guests Online: 25
Members Online: 0

Registered Members: 82843
Newest Member: hx47
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Programming

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Author

RE: Accelerometer Hat [UPDATE]

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 15-04-10 07:43
goluhaque wrote:
Anyway, the guy is tortured enough, let's leave it.

That is about enough nonsense, You guy's took this from a man trying to help the disabled to something totally stupid and off-topic. No more posts on welding shit to the guys face, else lock time.

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R
Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 15-04-10 07:51
If the OP has more to add to update the project that's great but bolting or welding? Think you might want to remove it at some point and time?

O R
Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 15-04-10 07:58
This is an awesome project and I hope you continues with it, Just don't want the thread destroyed to ruin his intentions.

O R
Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Warn Level: 30
Posted on 15-04-10 07:59
Anyway, exactly what does the cap do, techb? Looks to me like a transmitter/radio.

That applause I receive from y'all on posting this post would have gotten me drunk on power if I hadn't already been high on life.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 15-04-10 12:37
Okay okay, on topic,... techb look into jeenodes (jeeNodev4) two of them is cheaper than an arduino they are designed for remote use( I've tested them in my house and they work from one end of my garden through most of the house to my bedroom on the otherside!). They are arduino compatible(not pin compatible) and you use them same software for both. However you need a FTDI breakoutboard to connect them (which you must have if you use a mini anyways)

And there is a perfect I2C 3D accelerometer plug (plug's are jeenode's equvilent of a arduino shield)(gravity plug)... I would actually reccomend a jeelink (in the non prototype model) it has no ports but you can assign remote ports. plug the gplug into the jeenode on his hat and you're good to go.

Here's my g-meter to monitor corners in a car... quiet similar. Arduino mini pro + HD44780 + Accelerometer. If you want to stick with a mini this might help.
http://www.torque. . .ter-13772/

But seriously the jeenode+jeelink+gravity-plug is perfect. It's almost as though he designed it just for you. It's arduino compatible and he provides the 2 libraries you need to handle the I2C with example code which is precisely what you seem to be doing yourself...

Edited by on 15-04-10 13:06
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 15-04-10 19:45
@Wolfmankurd=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
To program the JeeNode, could I go the route of plugging in the TX/RX to RX/TX like I do my mini? How did you go about doing it?

This would also be the route I take if I was going wireless. I wish I seen this thing before my uncle sent me all this Arduino stuff. I still love the Arduino and Arduino Pro Mini, but the JeeNode looks more production friendly.

I was trying to find the power consumption on the JeeNode, any idea how long a 9volt would last? That's the issue I'm having with the arduino, it kills batterys too quick to be wireless. And thaks wolfmankurd for the links. You may have turned me onto something else I could spend my paychecks on lol.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I apalogize for making a new thread for the update, I was feeling a bit lazy the day I made the thread.

Venturing off topic isn't all bad, I enjoyed the morbid humor.

Oh and can anyone see my sig? I can't.

www.userbars.com/74460/665255/337-7865-ubda3219.gif
kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 15-04-10 20:41
techb wrote:
To program the JeeNode, could I go the route of plugging in the TX/RX to RX/TX like I do my mini? How did you go about doing it?

anyway you program you rmini should work, I use one of sparkfun's FTDI breakout boards the jeenode has male pin's which slot into it, I think i had to add the header to the mini myself(oh wait, I should mention this the jeenode comes in kit form with all the parts it's all simple through hole soldering except the RF12 module which is SMD but has huge pads so it's easy).

techb wrote:
I was trying to find the power consumption on the JeeNode, any idea how long a 9volt would last? That's the issue I'm having with the arduino, it kills batterys too quick to be wireless.

Here's the spec [url=http://news.jeelabs.org/docs/jn4 specs.html]jeenodev4 spec[/url] it's 12mA/35mA depending on the radio is on or off. Well the jeenode is a 3.3v device (but the regulator means it can run off up to 13v) trouble is at 9v nearly 2/3 of your power is being wasted as heat so I'm not surprised you are getting dissapointing battery life.

techb wrote:
And thaks wolfmankurd for the links. You may have turned me onto something else I could spend my paychecks on lol.

I apalogize for making a new thread for the update, I was feeling a bit lazy the day I made the thread.

Venturing off topic isn't all bad, I enjoyed the morbid humor.

Oh and can anyone see my sig? I can't

No problem maybe if I can get enough people signed up I can get free stuff Grin also nor can I see your sig.

Edited by on 15-04-10 20:45
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 16-04-10 05:54
wolfmankurd wrote:

(oh wait, I should mention this the jeenode comes in kit form with all the parts it's all simple through hole soldering except the RF12 module which is SMD but has huge pads so it's easy).

My soldering skills suck. I can't tell you how many transistors and diodes I've fried. I was scared I burnt up my accelerometer for the hat. I tried fitting it into a chip mount, but the leads on the accelerometer where really thick and didn't fit well. Lucky it still works lol.

wolfmankurd wrote:
No problem maybe if I can get enough people signed up I can get free stuff Grin also nor can I see your sig.

What kind of free stuff? And what site? I may be interested.

And kudos for the stuff you did to your car. I been planning to do something with my car, scrolling text, GPS logger, custom mp3 stereo system, and now the accelerometer. They will probably never accumulate to anything due to work, school, and pure laziness.

kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 16-04-10 08:07
I changed it. I didn't know if it was just me.

kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 16-04-10 18:36
I think it suits me. Its the same sig in another forum I post in. found here

It shows up a bit smaller here though.

kbcarte.wordpress.com
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2