HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Programming

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Author

Accelerometer Hat [UPDATE]

techb

Moderate
Posted on 11-04-10 00:47
I have a complete prototype.

Against my wife's better judgment, I'm showing pictures of the hat.
I moved from the BasicStamp PICs to Arduino(ATMega168).

It supports both left and right clicks and drag-n-drop.
Left button= pushbutton.
Right button = piezo element.

I know the button thats in the mouth looks bulky, but I don't have a smaller piezo yet.

i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/Tech_B/2.jpg
i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/Tech_B/3.jpg
i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/Tech_B/4.jpg
i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/Tech_B/5.jpg
i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/Tech_B/1.jpg

incase the images don't show up in the thread, here's the links:

http://i880.photo. . .ch_B/2.jpg
http://i880.photo. . .ch_B/3.jpg
http://i880.photo. . .ch_B/4.jpg
http://i880.photo. . .ch_B/5.jpg
http://i880.photo. . .ch_B/1.jpg

www.userbars.com/74460/665255/337-7865-ubda3219.gif
kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

RE: Accelerometer Hat [UPDATE]

techb

Moderate
Posted on 11-04-10 01:00
It will be allot cleaner.

This is just the prototype.

I have a Arduino Pro Mini, which will fit under the lip thing inside the hat.
I'm also going to use conductive thread to eliminate all the messy wires; except the one that runs to the mouth.

kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 11-04-10 01:15
I've thought about using something like that, but I don't really like the look of them, plus it would be "too big". It has to be comfortable with his wheel chair, and the bill wrapping around the entire head makes it hard for him with his wheel chair head rest.

kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 11-04-10 01:16
I think it's cool as hell, man. Keep up the nice work.

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R
Author

korg
Admin from hell

God
Posted on 11-04-10 01:29
Hmm, Idea!

i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/korg1269/shodan13.jpg

I deal in pain, All life I drain, I dominate, I seal your fate.
O R
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 11-04-10 01:30
Not screw, but maybe Velcro? lol

kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 12-04-10 19:50
Impressive work. Smile

And, yeah, drilling is probably the best way to go. Unless you happen to have a welding kit around.

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 12-04-10 22:59
MoshBat wrote:
stealth- wrote:
And, yeah, drilling is probably the best way to go. Unless you happen to have a welding kit around.

Flesh tends to catch fire rather than just melt.

Well, there is only one (entertaining) way to find out, isn't there?

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .

Edited by stealth- on 12-04-10 23:08
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 13-04-10 05:32
MoshBat wrote:
stealth- wrote:

I watched a family of 4 burn to death in a trailer fire. A meth lab blew near my home, I was the only one home that day....

Well anyway, back to the point. There skin did catch fire, but it did melt a lot more than burn. I watched them carry out the two kids, and when they placed them in a body bag the skin stuck to fire fighter's suits.

Oh, and it wasn't entertaining. The screaming flames haunt me to this day.

Edited by techb on 13-04-10 05:35
kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Warn Level: 30
Posted on 14-04-10 11:43
MoshBat wrote:
stealth- wrote:

You could place the person in an inert atmosphere and then try to weld it.
Smile

That applause I receive from y'all on posting this post would have gotten me drunk on power if I hadn't already been high on life.
Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Posted on 14-04-10 11:59
MoshBat wrote:
goluhaque wrote:
MoshBat wrote:
stealth- wrote:

Smile

... Welding is done with a flame, right?

The end objective is to melt the 2 substances enough so that they fuse with each other. We could use a kind of heater. Grin

That applause I receive from y'all on posting this post would have gotten me drunk on power if I hadn't already been high on life.
Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Posted on 14-04-10 12:13
MoshBat wrote:
goluhaque wrote:
MoshBat wrote:
goluhaque wrote:
MoshBat wrote:
stealth- wrote:

Smile

... Welding is done with a flame, right?

The end objective is to melt the 2 substances enough so that they fuse with each other. We could use a kind of heater. Grin

Ignoring the fact that flesh is reasonably weak. Bone, however, can hold bolts.

Hmm, If we place the man in vacuum, we can then try to weld the cap to the bone. But you are right, drilling is a lot easier and cheap.

Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 14-04-10 12:18
Okay, how about drilling bolts, then soldering the components to the bolts?

Meeting in the middle between both sides of this argument.

And the common perception on welding is with a torch, and with its own fuel source, it does not need surrounding oxygen, because it has a supply of its own.

Edited by techb on 14-04-10 12:21
kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Posted on 14-04-10 12:26
techb wrote:

And the common perception on welding is with a torch, and with its own fuel source, it does not need surrounding oxygen, because it has a supply of its own.

Well, couldn't that oxygen cause the skin to burn?

Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Posted on 14-04-10 12:48
MoshBat wrote:
goluhaque wrote:
techb wrote:

Combustion, look it up.

Of course it will.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 14-04-10 14:16
MoshBat wrote:
goluhaque wrote:
MoshBat wrote:
goluhaque wrote:
techb wrote:

Combustion, look it up.

Of course it will.

Oxygen is required, and unless I was tripping every chemistry lesson, I believe that in most combustions, Oxygen is used up, or rather, becomes part of another compound, meaning it won't be fit for another combustion.
Take this example:
2H2 + O2 = 2H2O

Can you burn water vapour?

combustion is oxidisation, all you need is something to steal some electrons from whatever you are burning. You can burn stuff in chlorine for example. I suppose hydrogen peroxide is burnt water.

Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Posted on 14-04-10 16:47
MoshBat wrote:
wolfmankurd wrote:
MoshBat wrote:
goluhaque wrote:
MoshBat wrote:
goluhaque wrote:
techb wrote:

Combustion, look it up.

Of course it will.

Oxygen is required, and unless I was tripping every chemistry lesson, I believe that in most combustions, Oxygen is used up, or rather, becomes part of another compound, meaning it won't be fit for another combustion.
Take this example:
2H2 + O2 = 2H2O

Can you burn water vapour?

combustion is oxidisation, all you need is something to steal some electrons from whatever you are burning. You can burn stuff in chlorine for example. I suppose hydrogen peroxide is burnt water.

True, but there isn't any chlorine running around in this equation.

All this assuming that the acetylene or whatever is used as the combustible gas is isn excess or is provided in an amount so as to use Oxygen completely
2C2H2 + 5O2 -----> 4CO2 + 2H2O
That is for every 5 moles of O2 or 80 gms of it, 2 moles of C2H2 or 26 gms of C2H2 are provided.
But then, is this assumption correct?

Edited by goluhaque on 14-04-10 16:49
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 14-04-10 18:27
I'll be honest with you guys I haven't read the begining of this thread? why exactly does it need to be in precise stoichiometry?

Anyways from personal experience they usually supply the oxygen otherwise it's too hard to make it burn hot enough to do proper work.]

goluhaque wrote:
5 moles of O2 or 80 gms

This stands out as wrong. oxygen is atmoic number 8. but mass number 16 usually. so o2 =32. 5 moles gives 160g? I'm guessing you need to check the rest of the work too.

goluhaque wrote:

Oxygen in of it's self wont cause you to burn or even breathed in have ANY effects at all at sea temp/pressure blood can't take on extra oxygen (even at 100% thats why in movies you see blood saturation is at almost 100% anyways) so people getting high off oxygen is bs (in normal conditions).
What is interesting is! people with copd end up with messed up breathing regulation give them 100% oxygen and they stop breathing and actually suffocate Grin

The fuel on the other hand could cause damage(maybe)... however the gas around the flame is so hot that I suspect whats left other would combust in air like when you turn the oxygen supply too low on a bunsun burner.

Edited by on 14-04-10 18:41
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 14-04-10 19:07
wolfmankurd wrote:
I'll be honest with you guys I haven't read the begining of this thread? why exactly does it need to be in precise stoichiometry?

Anyways from personal experience they usually supply the oxygen otherwise it's too hard to make it burn hot enough to do proper work.]

goluhaque wrote:
5 moles of O2 or 80 gms

This stands out as wrong. oxygen is atmoic number 8. but mass number 16 usually. so o2 =32. 5 moles gives 160g? I'm guessing you need to check the rest of the work too.

goluhaque wrote:

Oxygen in of it's self wont cause you to burn or even breathed in have ANY effects at all at sea temp/pressure blood can't take on extra oxygen (even at 100% thats why in movies you see blood saturation is at almost 100% anyways) so people getting high off oxygen is bs (in normal conditions).
What is interesting is! people with copd end up with messed up breathing regulation give them 100% oxygen and they stop breathing and actually suffocate Grin

The fuel on the other hand could cause damage(maybe)... however the gas around the flame is so hot that I suspect whats left other would combust in air like when you turn the oxygen supply too low on a bunsun burner.

To add, and maybe help explain better:

Fire dose not burn anyone or anything, the heat that fire produces does. I'm sure that most of you know that though.

And I like how this post went from a project for the handicapped/disabled to a chemistry lesson lol. I took Chem. 3 years, fun but not my best class. I was passed with a B, and I had 5 exams out and I can't tell you how many times I never turned in my homework.

kbcarte.wordpress.com
Author

goluhaque

Apprentice
Posted on 15-04-10 04:59
wolfmankurd wrote:

goluhaque wrote:
5 moles of O2 or 80 gms

goluhaque wrote:

LOL sorry, weight of 1 O2 mol should be 32g and the weight of 5
moles 160g. My bad
The rest of the calculation is correct. Also, O2 alone won't cause the skin to burn, the skin when heated along with O2, that will burn.
Anyway, the guy is tortured enough, let's leave it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >