Follow us on Twitter!
Society leans ever heavily on computers, if you have the power to take out computers you can take out society. - cubeman372
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 32
Guests Online: 30
Members Online: 2

Registered Members: 82847
Newest Member: Zanjux
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

Abundance of Challenge Tutorials

Your avatar

Posted on 05-10-09 08:01
I noticed that the HBH Challenge section under Articles is a bit messed up. Could they not be combined and possibly renamed while still giving credits to the original author? For instance the large amount of redundant help for Basic 1.

Well, this is probably the easiest mission ever. What you do is just take a quick look into the pages source. Scroll around till you see the words printed on the page. Next to that you'll see a clue and thats the pass.

This is the basic test of whether you hacker material or not. If you read the above, you will know that you need the skill of HTML. So for all the people that did where can we view the HTML - (View Source). Now that you have the HTML, it is just a case of looking through until you find the password input form.

alright well this ones pretty easy, even as a newb as long as you know where to start you can get this one, first you right click the page and go view the source, if you have firefox its easier,scroll down the scblockedript and you should see a hint somewhere in the *cough* comment tags * cough* these look like <whatevers in them> . Alright once you got the clue unless ur like 2 years old you should be able to figure it out so do so type it in and get the points!

While I'm not necessarily accusing anyone of being unoriginal, they are all saying the same thing. Why not either combine the articles and give credit to those that have submitted them, or only retain the well written articles? I understand that there are flaws with both of those ideas, but it seems that something should be done.
Author

RE: Abundance of Challenge Tutorials

Your avatar

Posted on 05-10-09 10:41
Some admins check for redundancy, others don't. I agree that those who don't should be smacked upside down.
Author

Futility

God
Posted on 05-10-09 12:31
f16e7 wrote:
Some admins check for redundancy, others don't. I agree that those who don't should be smacked upside down.

And then quite possibly inside out.

Some people feel the quantity of articles is more important than the quality. The problem of shitty articles has been brought up... well... countless times and has been continually shot down by ignorance and half-assed excuses. Because hey- if you ignore the problem and pretend everything's all right, it'll eventually go away, right?

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-10-09 19:33
It most definitely won't. The problem isn't so much the quality of the articles though. The majority of what I've read is at least comprehensible if not useful. I can't really see a problem with just keeping the well written articles that address the subject properly. If two articles address separate methods or ideas, just keep them both. Perhaps create a section within the Articles>HBH Challenge section for each challenge type, to at least clean it up a bit.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 05-10-09 22:37
Perhaps create a section within the Articles>HBH Challenge section for each challenge type, to at least clean it up a bit.

I like that Idea.

Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 05-10-09 23:10
kenneth_nap wrote:
Perhaps create a section within the Articles>HBH Challenge section for each challenge type, to at least clean it up a bit.

I like that Idea.

As do I, but not only for the challenge help section. Some of the other larger sections could be categorized further.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff338/ynori77/archenemysig1.jpg
ynori7 http://halls-of-valhalla.org
Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 06-10-09 02:01
If cheese ever thought of having some new dev's, that care, we might get something good like that. But that's too far fetched...

Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.

img259.imageshack.us/img259/3713/sigr.png

yours31f@live.com yours31f@yahoo.com rpwd.info
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-10-09 02:13
yours31f wrote:
If cheese ever thought of having some new dev's, that care, we might get something good like that. But that's too far fetched...

He's not going to pick you if any vacancies happen to pop up. Go cry somewhere else.
Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 06-10-09 02:22
Not asking for a spot. I don't care. I run my own stuff.

Debugging is what programmers do to beta software to make it take up more room on your hard drive if it is running too efficiently.

Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 06-10-09 02:35
yours31f wrote:

Not going to happen any time soon. He made too many poor choices and now he's afraid to trust anybody else.

halls-of-valhalla.org/images/affiliateLogo.png voodoorage.halls-of-valhalla.org/images/smallLogo.png
Author

yours31f

Elite
Posted on 06-10-09 02:58
And that would be why I don't visit as much.

Author

Futility

God
Posted on 06-10-09 03:46
ynori7 wrote:
He made too many poor choices and now he's afraid to trust anybody else.

Mah bad.

In all seriousness, though, Cheese isn't afraid because of his 'poor choices.' It was ridiculously hard to get dev before my whole shitstorm. He doesn't have trust issues because something bad happened, something bad happened be he has trust issues.

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/zanimabean/Zim.png
Futility91@hotmail.com Futility91
Author

ynori7

God
Posted on 06-10-09 03:52
Futility wrote:
In all seriousness, though, Cheese isn't afraid because of his 'poor choices.' It was ridiculously hard to get dev before my whole shitstorm. He doesn't have trust issues because something bad happened, something bad happened be he has trust issues.

No, if he had trust issues, moshbat and -cL wouldn't have gotten dev. What cheese has is a big ego and he likes when people caress it.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-10-09 12:53
Giving up your own principles just to have some power in a shitty hacking community...

Ugh, you make me sick to the stomach Moshbat.
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-10-09 13:38
f16e7 wrote:
Giving up your own principles just to have some power in a shitty hacking community...

Ugh, you make me sick to the stomach Moshbat.

You assume he has principles that he'd have to give up for them not to conflict with his arse-kissing.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 06-10-09 23:42
Futility wrote:
Some people feel the quantity of articles is more important than the quality. The problem of shitty articles has been brought up... well... countless times and has been continually shot down by ignorance and half-assed excuses. Because hey- if you ignore the problem and pretend everything's all right, it'll eventually go away, right?

Kinda like that crack in my windshield. I think that one problem is that the members are kinda redundant. They start in the same place, ask the same questions, study the same things... The challenges are centered around web hacking, but the articles, forum, and people don't have to be.

ynori7 wrote:
What cheese has is a big ego and he likes when people caress it.

I've heard that said before. Romeo and mosh have a big ego (notice how they're super-pros with everything?), but I haven't even seen cheese post in the forum for a long time. It looks to me like he just doesn't care.