Newest Member: kevy90
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | HellBound Hackers | Comments and Suggestions

Author

A great idea, i think :P

Your avatar

Posted on 09-11-07 09:28
:ninja: Howdy.. Ok my idea is that of a survey. This could contain questions about the use of HBH, what the person wants to learn more of, what they think the site needs more of, where they found the site, what other hacking sites they use and why..

This could be a pretty big survey which would gather the information from the majority of the users. You could then calculate this data into some kind of graph and maybe focus on what users want more before the rest. You could also base some of the data on the users activity and point count to maybe sort it out with your most active users and your non-active users and find a way to get the non-active users to become active users.

Hope you like my idea HBH Smile Sorry if you think its pointless.

Author

RE: A great idea, i think :P

Your avatar

Posted on 09-11-07 09:38
That's a pretty neat idea actually.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-11-07 11:48
I think that could works, try to pm system_meltdown about that

Author

spyware

God
Warn Level: 90
Posted on 09-11-07 11:51
I don't think the problem is that the administrators do not know what we want (as in updates), but the real problem is time and workload. HBHs is "heavy", and to push heavy objects you need force, very much force.

I don't think the current admins/mods can handle all the workload. This doesn't mean they need more "hey but I can help out!"-people, maybe a decrease in workload is... sufficient.

img507.imageshack.us/img507/3580/spynewsig3il1.png
"The chowner of property." - Zeph
[small]
Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term,
but it is suicidal for nations in the long term.
- Carl Sagan
[center]�Since the grid is inescapable, what were the earlier lasers about? Does the corridor have a sense of humor?� - Ebert[/ce
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-11-07 12:21
I kinda understand what your coming at spyware, but maybe there could be someway where the community is started off with something and develops upon itself... I am still trying to learn how to dual boot Linux (Sadly) and I'm guessing that what i just explained is similar to Linux.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-11-07 12:44
perhaps a hbh development crew?? who code new stuff for hbh and get points for it or something??

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-11-07 12:59
This can be done but takes time and resources. I think this might prove fruitful in a way that all the data can be summed up and seen in a graph.This way HBH can grow.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-11-07 15:14
i don't really see the point with that, it's up to each individual to learn what they want to learn theu the community and challenges, also spyware is right, admins can't sit all day looking over what people wants on HBH, that would be a nonstoping progress and coding or HBH.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 09-11-07 15:16
Wowo! Deathalive!!! ShockShockShockShock Havent seen u for ages here on HBH Pfft

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-11-07 12:25
I didn't mean that its a constant thing, maybe have it up for a week, a month or whatever and get that and use it as a general base for maybe when they have some time! Even if they are not gonna do any development for a while its still a base, everything and everyone needs direction my friends

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-11-07 12:25
I didn't mean that its a constant thing, maybe have it up for a week, a month or whatever and get that and use it as a general base for maybe when they have some time! Even if they are not gonna do any development for a while its still a base, everything and everyone needs direction my friends

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-11-07 12:59
We either need more admins, or make the current ones work harder. They always complain about how they don't have time to work on 'menial tasks' like checking people's challenge submissions, because they are too busy coding on the site. why don't they stfu?

They didn't code this site, it's php fusion. Although yes, I will admit that there is A LOT of custom code created by hbh admins in this site.

Anyway for HBH to progress I think it needs to seriously place more focus on the community. Add big links to the irc and forum at the top of the main page (not hidden away in that huge list of links in the nav panel). And increase the number of threads in the 'latest threads' panel to maybe 10. And tell people what the irc server and channel is. And maybe change the default theme. (not very readable, esp. with wrongly encoded articles, small text, bad colour contrast, etc.)

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-11-07 13:23
Well there allready excists an excellent thing here on HBH were people can fill in where they heard about HBH, it's called the poll, and if someone wants to submit another thing where they heard og HBH then just use a submit formula on the poll instead, better then creating a whole new survey.

Author

Your avatar

Posted on 11-11-07 00:15
What questions should i ask? I'm gonna do it privately and try and get people from the forums to do it at least and then show the graphing on here!