Follow us on Twitter!
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. - Winston Churchill
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Navigation
Home
HellBoundHackers Main:
HellBoundHackers Find:
HellBoundHackers Information:
Learn
Communicate
Submit
Shop
Challenges
HellBoundHackers Exploit:
HellBoundHackers Programming:
HellBoundHackers Think:
HellBoundHackers Track:
HellBoundHackers Patch:
HellBoundHackers Other:
HellBoundHackers Need Help?
Other
Members Online
Total Online: 25
Guests Online: 19
Members Online: 6

Registered Members: 82885
Newest Member: ConiBE
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | Computer General | Programming

Author

A good OOP concepts tutorial I found.

Your avatar

Posted on 10-06-10 00:12
http://www.exfors. . ./oops.html
:evil:
Author

RE: A good OOP concepts tutorial I found.

stealth-

Mad User
Posted on 10-06-10 01:33
I've found the best way to learn about OOP concepts is to code with it.
I never saw much use in OOP for most of my code until a few months ago when the project I was working on needed some code to handle a variety of information on multiple hosts. I just made a "host" class and then created instances of them and put them in a list (python). Trying to do that any other way would have been a major pain in the ass. Ever since then I've been messing with new ways to use it, and it's always fun to find a problem where OOP offers a perfect solution.

Not a bad read, though.

The irony of man's condition is that the deepest need is to be free of the anxiety of death and annihilation; but it is life itself which awakens it, and so we must shrink from being fully alive.
http://www.stealt. . .

Edited by stealth- on 10-06-10 01:34
http://www.stealth-x.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 10-06-10 01:41
I saw that there was a link to submit links but I looked around the site and didn't find any submitted links and thought that maybe there was something off about it so I didn't submit it and posted it. I was just searching and realized there's a web links choice at the bottom right. I've used the search a few times now and didn't even notice it for some reason.

Edited by on 10-06-10 01:41
Author

techb

Moderate
Posted on 11-06-10 08:17
stealth- wrote:
I've found the best way to learn about OOP concepts is to code with it.
I never saw much use in OOP for most of my code until a few months ago when the project I was working on needed some code to handle a variety of information on multiple hosts. I just made a "host" class and then created instances of them and put them in a list (python). Trying to do that any other way would have been a major pain in the ass. Ever since then I've been messing with new ways to use it, and it's always fun to find a problem where OOP offers a perfect solution.

Not a bad read, though.

Agreed. I never used classes either; until I started coding in blender. I had to wrap the IR tracking stuff in a class so blender could use it. Still buggy though...

I wrapped all my other useful code into a class; mostly web things like logging in and saving data. Makes things a lot easier to use an instance with methods than to hard code everything.

www.userbars.com/74460/665255/337-7865-ubda3219.gif

Edited by techb on 11-06-10 08:18
kbcarte.wordpress.com