Newest Member: defcon812
Latest Articles
View Thread

HellBound Hackers | General | Graphics

Author

a few questions about graphics

Your avatar

Posted on 06-01-08 15:55
hi, i am making a new graphic look for one game engine, and i have three problems:
1) i don't know how to successfully anti-aliase picture, i have the cogwheel in the middle of the image and the author of the engine told me that i need to more anti-aliase it. the picture can be found at: http://ukazto.com. . .ventar.jpg
2) the second problem is, how can i make a simple 3D button effect? author of the engine told me that the pictures is too sharp.
3) where i can get some good renders of "dead"? i have a picture with cross which saying "YOU ARE DEAD!"

i am remaking skin from ancient and fantasy to sci-fi look, i have only 3 images left, but i need these 3 points to successfully complete it. i am using adobe photoshop v10.0 cs3. thanks in advance for any help.

Author

RE: a few questions about graphics

What_A_Legend

Active User
Posted on 07-01-08 11:15
The help on this subject is going to be minimal here I'd recomend finding a more specilised forum, and I hope to see these changes on completion.

Good Luck dude.

i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/Golden_Lemur/legendsig.png

www.hellboundhackers.org/sig/r/7039.png
what_a_l3g3nd@hotmail.com www.wayneshears.com
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 07-01-08 11:55
http://www.webdesign.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing

You can make an object look like it is 3d by using a gradient. Then maybe fool around with the outer glow to add thickness to outline. Photoshop will definitly have a tutorial/help function.

and about the anti-aliasing, I'm wondering if you could find something related to steganography. But I know it's a big thing with digital photography because they alwant such high rez.

don't know what you mean by "dead" though. making logos or a poster or something? all i'm going to say is watch out for watermarks since it sounds like you're copying work online.

Edited by on 07-01-08 12:23
Author

Your avatar

Posted on 07-01-08 16:08
it's all my work, i did it in photoshop, i cannot use any public renders because of engine (text etc.), i have good blue mixed background by me (you can see it on the picture) but i need some cross, which is used to display when the character is dead. i cannot make it myself, i can only change it to blue and that's all.